Searching...

Mobile

Re: Anyone else getting overcharged monthly? Any solution!?

Minus_Orange

So what's the point to answer him on a private message, what about the other people interested in this post?

andylch

I want to know the reason and solution too.

Hopefully no one is hiding ugly things from everyone.

petergdownload

I agree that the PM approach for this forum is less than ideal. However the mods are fairly constrained in what they can say publicly (after all its Optus signing their pay check Smiley Happy) IME they're genuinely looking to help out where they can individually but they can't effect global change.

Also many issues involve specific private circumstances that its not appropriate to work though in an open forum. 

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted

Wozz

Well it's been "escalated" again,  though after previous escalation results i don't hold much hope for their whole process.. haven't even had an update to say they're looking into it! Just received yet  another sms today saying ill be charged if i go over my supposed "10gb quota"

Wozz

Still no response. Still receiving SMS's about extra charges for using "extra" data after using 9gb even though I am paying for 20gb on my plan.

Heard on the radio that Ombudsman complaints for Optus were up by 30% this year, not surprised with this [lack of] service.

Seems like the customer service escalation process goes as follows:

1. Customer complains

2. Optus emails someone

3. Someone doesn't respond

4. Optus hopes end of complaint

5. Customer complains again

6. Go back to 2

There is no follow up, people just pass it on and hope someone else deals with it. Can't even say this is a training issue, really just needs someone who actually cares to look into it (as opposed to people telling me how much they care, then just passing the buck!)

Shauna

Hey @Wozz - all your points are quite valid & we understand this is frustrating.

From our end here on Yes Crowd, we're pretty much just the middle man when it comes to IT cases and rely on other departments to help us out. I can see you've spoken to a number of moderators who have requested our IT team to follow up over the last 2 months yet we're still in the same position, which is also quite frustrating for us. 

I've tried to see if there's a contact in IT who I can push for a resolution/update.  

Very sorry this is still ongoing. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

ryballs

Have you contacted the TIO? I would be if my issue hadn't been resolved after 4 months..

Wozz

I started, but they need all the logs from chats etc... I've saved these, need a bit of time to get em together (some on work PC, some on old laptop, then have saved timestamps from phone calls I need to get as well)

Just going to take a good couple of hours of more time I don't want to waste.

And yet again another SMS about an additional $10 charge for data that was supposedly included in my plan.

More broken promises from Optus reps about 'following up' which in reality means they'll send 1 email then hope someone else deals with it.

andylch

Tell Allen who makes you unhappy, and he/she can walk out from Optus' office forever:

https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/make-customers-unhappy-you-will-be-sacked-optus-ceo-blasts...

Singtel Optus chief executive Allen Lew has told staff "they will be sacked" if they are found to be upsetting customers and has encouraged employees to "dob in" colleagues who are not up to scratch, after the telco had a 35 per cent surge in complaints.

Wozz

Well it might actually be sorted... Just got a text that finally says "20.00gb data allowance"

I couldnt believe it!!!

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
143 Kudos
131 Kudos
119 Kudos
79 Kudos
72 Kudos