cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Pauly__
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Anyone else get a message/email saying their s9 preorder is coming today?

Got a text and email at 0630 saying my order is arriving today despite being screwed around by multiple different people saying yes it's coming early at X time on Y date on Z time with P etc etc etc etc. Even Samsung told me it's being shipped early.
Now when I called and asked they said it's not getting shipped till the 14 regardless if I preordered and told they'd ship early, which is the only reason I done so.
Kinda dodgy they're telling people it'll ship early to get orders if that's the case, kinda also against eh law.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
ShannonP
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Anyone else get a message/email saying their s9 preorder is coming today?

I received a message late last night advising my S9+ order had left the warehouse but no Aus Post/Courier tracking information was given. Used the live chat this morning and was given a connote for my order but it doesn't appaear on the couriers website at the moment.

It'd be nice if things were a little more transparrent instead of being bombarded with texts that provide little to no useful information.

Chat was very helful and fast so big thumbs up there Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Pauly__
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Weird the guys I talked to flat out denied it saying it was a mistake and the order number they gave were for someone else for last june in bloody adelaide lol.

0 Kudos
Pauly__
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

any luck? Called startrack and they blamed optus and optus blames them etc. 
Ended up writing a complaint to accc.

0 Kudos
ShannonP
New Contributor
New Contributor

Nope, still no tracking details on the courier website under my connote.

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hey guys, can I get you to send us a private message with your order details?

I need your full name, DOB and order reference number.

We haven't received any communication that suggests we'll be shipping the handset earlier then the shipping date that's advised on our website Pre-order Now. Delivers from 15th March 2018.

I'm happy to double check.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
JCS456
New Contributor
New Contributor

Got an email saying it has left the warehouse, no tracking info.

Chat confirmed it has left the warehouse, gave some tracking number that doesn't show up and will supposedly be delivered Tuesday morning. So we will see.

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

I had a quick look at @ShannonP's order.

The was remark left advising that the handset was being prepared for shipping, but a consignment number hadn't been generated, hence we couldn't track the package.

I'd advised that the earliest date in which you'll receive the handset is the 13th or 14th. There's a public holiday on Monday, we don't deliver on Sunday's or public holidays. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
JCS456
New Contributor
New Contributor

Mine just arrived. Star track delivered on a public holiday!!

0 Kudos
Royk
New Contributor
New Contributor

Live chatted to ask about my order.
After some probing, I got a StarTrack tracking number (NOT Optus StarTrack number)
I hadn't received this via email or SMS. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors