cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Any chance i could get my sim only plan cancellation fee waived if i upgrade to a handset plan?

Hey. So i recently signed up to the $40 80gb sim only plan but now i'm seeing how awesome the s10 is going to be and i'm kind of regretting it. Just wondering if there's any chance i could get the cancellation fees waived if i sign up for a s10 plan with optus when it's released? I understand if that can't be done and i'll just wait until next year to upgrade but i just thought i'd ask if that's possible.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Any chance i could get my sim only plan cancellation fee waived if i upgrade to a handset plan?

Its very unlikely, especially as Optus can't actually swap you to the S10 yet. However its case by case so perhaps wait till the s10 is released and Optus employees know what the plan is worth etc. and request to swap. Who knows? 

But for what its worth you're probably up for almost the same $$$ if you just keep your current plan and buy a S10. Do the sums when Optus lists it. Currently a similar data plan for the S9+ at Optus is minimum of $100 a month. That's $1500 towards a S10 over 24 months over what you are spending now.

Plus you can sell your current phone for ???

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Top Contributors