Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor ozzzy22
New Contributor

Am I being hacked?

Final reminder before restriction!
Dear member,
We have been unable to update your billing information and your Optus services remains on hold.
Click here and submit your correct login info to avoid possibility of having and your inbox interrupted.
Thanks,
Your Optus Team
Yes Crowd ›
Contact us ›
Privacy

This email was sent by: Optus 
THIS IS A SYSTEM GENERATED EMAIL. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Am I being hacked?

Hi ozzzy22,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I think the give away here that this is spam is, well I could be wrong but I'm not aware of our communications addressing customers as "members" and I've removed the malicious link that was part of "Click Here". Oh and the poor grammar of having your inbox interrupted.

Advice to customers would be to think if it is possible in the first place they have an overdue balance owing and if unsure to check via their My Optus app or logging into the My Account portal.

Please see here for reporting hoaxes, phishing or scams.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Yeah, would not trust that.

Its not hacking, its just spam and phishing for your info

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
New Contributor ozzzy22
New Contributor

Okay. Thanks for that. Most spam, when you click onto a link within it, ends it right there.

However this optus one, which has three links, actually takes you to the optus site. Thats the odd bit. Anyone?

0 Kudos
New Contributor ozzzy22
New Contributor

yes, thank you both. Is it odd how the spam email has active links that take you to the optus site though?
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Actually, that is fairly normal these days for the more well-done spam. All they care about is that one bad link that they want you to click, everything else can be "legit", Basically they are trying to hide their bad needle in the good haystack,

Top Contributors