cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor Woodlands01
New Contributor

Agreement

I have a 2 year plan which expires in November 2019.

In return For new iPhone I sign up for 2 years.

Will  this arrangement continue ( as it has done so for > 10 years ) ?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Agreement

Your current contract will have this information. 

Their is no way to know if the next lot of plans will have this or not.

All the information is in the CIS document thats available when you either log into your optus account online or via their app on your phone. 

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Agreement

I take it you are leasing and expect to hand your old phone back? As you are past the 12 month point you can upgrade to a new phone anytime now. As usual you'd just pay the $99 upgrade fee. That said, I'm not sure that if you wait the full 24 months then you won't be charged the early upgrade fee. Might be better to wait until Novenber.

Although Optus can add remove plans this would seem to remain unchanged. You can look up your iPhone and the monthly plan options and prices moving forward here. Read the CIS at the bottom for additional info. You'll probably find the prices have gone up unfortunately.

But note that if you are currently on a lease then you have to hand your phone back this time. Next time (in Nov 2021) you will be able to keep the handset. This gives you the options or: 

1) Selling it for say $1000. Recontract with Optus for another new phone and set off again.

2) or keep using it and move to a much cheaper SIM only plan 

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Top Contributors