cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Agents unable to tell me the fair market value of my leased phone

I've used the live chat feature within the my Optus app and the website to request the current market value of my leased Pixel 3, and each time, the agent has been unwilling or unable to tell me the amount my phone is currently worth. Is this because they don't have access to the information, or that Optus has barred them from telling me? Wouldn't it be a breach of ACCC regulations to refuse to provide details of a cost when I request it? All I want to know is the current market value of the Pixel 3 as at December 2019, so that I can make an informed choice about the remaining year of my lease contract.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Agents unable to tell me the fair market value of my leased phone

Hmm possibly they don't have authority to give out this information however I think they would need to see the device to give a proper appraisal. Maybe have a look at Ebay or Gumtree to get a rough idea what they are worth.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Agents unable to tell me the fair market value of my leased phone

That's surprising to hear natjen09 as the info we have is that it should be a fairly straight forward process to obtain this information in the system they have,

If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details. Mention that you have already spoken with Live Chat who didn't help with this for some reason. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors