cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor dric
New Contributor

Adding languages on the Optus Sleek

I bought the Optus Sleek and I want to put the language in Portuguese but there's no option on the menu. Does anyone know how it can be added?

Cheers

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Re: Adding languages on the Optus Sleek

Hi

I don't know the settings menu for the Optus sleek but generally on Android it is

Settings>languages&input>language>add a language>then scroll down to the language you want.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor dric
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply, Dave.

I probably should have mentioned that I went into the Settings area you suggested and it wasn't listed. It had a few languages like English, Italian, Mandarin but not Portuguese. That was why I was wondering how to add it when it doesn't exist there?

Does anyone know if this can be done?

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Hi

In the google app store have a look at the app MoreLangs.   I have never used it but it may be your solution.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor dric
New Contributor

Thank you, Dave!

I installed MoreLangs and it needed special permissions to be able to add a new language. I was able to follow the instructions on the link below and about 10 minutes later I had Portuguese on my phone!

http://blog.sightidea.com/?p=126

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Sera feito

0 Kudos
Top Contributors