cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor StephenGP
New Contributor

Add a secondary email address

I am attempting to find out how to create and then add a secondary email address to my account. When I go through the Optusnet pages it says that if my account starts with "62" I should click on "Chat with us". My account does start with "62" so I clicked on Chat ... but the person on the other end said I had to dial 133937, then Option 3. This was apparently for security reasons. When I dialled that number and that option, there was no further option that had anything to do with email addresses. It is extremely frustrating. It surely can't be that hard to add an email address.

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Add a secondary email address

I hadn't realised the process had now changed.

In the past, you'd add a secondary email address via your My Account.

- You'd select the service that your current email address is linked to i.e. Fixed or Mobile broadband 

- There's an option to view, add, & remove email accounts.

If you'd like us to go in and see if we can add the email address for you, we're happy to do that.

You'll need to send us a private message. We need your full name, DOB and account number. If you could send through your preferred secondary email, that'd be really handy!

I’ll get back to you as soon as I can. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor StephenGP
New Contributor

You replied ...

I hadn't realised the process had now changed.

In the past, you'd add a secondary email address via your My Account.

- You'd select the service that your current email address is linked to i.e. Fixed or Mobile broadband 

- There's an option to view, add, & remove email accounts.

If you'd like us to go in and see if we can add the email address for you, we're happy to do that.

You'll need to send us a private message. We need your full name, DOB and account number. If you could send through your preferred secondary email, that'd be really handy!

I’ll get back to you as soon as I can. 

Thanks again.

Edit* for personal details. 
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @StephenGP, you'll need to private message us.

I've edited your last post as we don't your personal details made visible on a public forum.

You can use this direct message link 

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor JTB1985
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

i was actually after the same thing and yes i have seen them options in the past but mine have been changed for a while. Were you able to create a new secondary email account for the user?

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

You're welcome to message us @JTB1985

Full name, DOB and account number.

Shoot through the email address you'd like us to create. 

We'll get the ball rolling. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor Alisso
New Contributor

Hi, I'm having a similar problem but with getting into existing secondary email accounts. I also have a 62 account number, and I can't even see the names of the secondary addresses when I log into member services anymore. 

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi there Alisso,

Rather than Member Services, have you tried doing this by logging into My Account?

Let us know how you.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Alisso
New Contributor

Hi Ray, 

Yes, I had a look in My Account. The secondary email accounts aren't visible there either. The FAQ for changing passwords says that if you have an account that starts with 62 you should use live chat, but when I did that, they only reset the main account password instead of the secondary addresses, and by the time the email came through and I realised that, I'd already ended the chat. 

There's a page on the main site that says you can request a password reset, but it sends the email to the account you're trying to change the password of, and that doesn't help in this case. 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Ah I see, thanks for clarifying.

The Live Chat agent should have resolved this issue. 

Please note that we’re unable to look into account details on Yes Crowd.
If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.  

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Top Contributors