cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor Ry-Ry
New Contributor

Activation

I recently tried to activate a new sim on the 26 of august 2019 with my old optus number, took three days of being told to wait 4 hours and 24 hours and calling them for it to be activated but i was still not receiving calls from some people who were with different providers like friends who are with vodafone for example.

The problem got escelated and i was told to wait up to a week, ive now waited almost a fortnight and decided to call them back today on the 11th of september at 8:30 in the morning, just to be told i need a new sim to try again, which i did and was told it would take between 15 minutes to 4 hours to activate.

Ive waited 6 hours and called them back with the same problem, that even though its been activated, some people are still unable to call or message me and i have now been told again by mark to wait another 24 hours.

They are just getting me to repeat the steps ive already taken and been through in august before it got escelated the first time.

Why escelate an issue if your next response after that is to repeat the steps prior to the escelation?

How hard is it to activate a new optus sim with my old optus number on the new sim?????

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Occasional Contributor MattyAu
Occasional Contributor

Re: Activation

Hi Ry-Ry,

Thanks for reaching out to the community, this sounds incredibly frustrating for you and I hope I can help you resolve this quickly.

Here is the link to lodge this as a complaint: https://www.optus.com.au/for-you/support/complaints

Be sure to mention the Optus mobile number, and explain that this issue has elapsed some time now.

Best Regards

Matt

Need More Help?

Call 133 937

Chat with an Optus Sales/Support rep from the Optus App, or Optus.com.au/support

Are you heading into store?

Remember to bring 100 points of photo ID with you soo Optus staff can access your account.

Feedback

Did I resolve your issue today? - Please take a moment to let me know that you received my reply and the outcome of your issue. If you happy with the help I provied please consider a "Kudos!" - Thank you!

Need More Help?

Call 133 937

Chat with an Optus Sales/Support rep from the Optus App, or Optus.com.au/support

Are you heading into store?

Remember to bring 100 points of photo ID with you soo Optus staff can access your account.

Feedback

Did I resolve your issue today? - Please take a moment to let me know that you received my reply and the outcome of your issue. If you happy with the help I provied please consider a "Kudos!" - Thank you!

0 Kudos
New Contributor Ry-Ry
New Contributor

Id rather complain to the ombudsman instead of going around in circles with optus for another fortnight, just to activate one new optus sim with my old optus number

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi Ry-Ry,

There must be a technical issue behind this but that is a very long time that you've had to wait.

Do you have any fault ticket numbers or anything that we can try to follow up on?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos