Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Activation of post paid service

I just added a new mobile service to my existing account. Sim card arrived 24/3 put into phone that evening. If I go to the optus.com.au/activatesim website and select new service and postpaid the site simply says this sim will automatically activate within 4 hours. Try turning your phone on and off several times.

I've done that and now 2 or 3 days later it is still not activated. I can't get through on the phone. I've tried messaging through the app but no joy.

Suggestions please.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Activation of post paid service

Me too! This is the second sim we have tried, cant get onto optus, cant get to store its rubbish!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

New Sim not activating iphone

This is the 2nd attempt with a new sim now. First one didnt even work. Waste of $10! Second said its activated, would work soon. That was yesterday! Cant get onto optus. Turned phone on and off. Taken sim out and repositioned it. Cant get to store as we are in shutdown. Emails and sms on other devices taking hours to come through with optus. Trying to be patient but a simple sim should work even with home wifi! Never had issue before overseas or here. Suggestions i can try at my end? Just want to use whats app on the phone to stay connected/check on my elderly and unwell parents!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

Re: Activation of post paid service

Hi, guys

I’d really suggest messaging us on Social Media, either Facebook or Twitter. They do have a point of escalation for the following urgent enquiries:

• No Broadband connectivity (no access to the  internet) 
  • No Mobile connectivity (can't make or receive calls) 

Please note: If you have a current working service, we're unable to prioritise your enquiry at this time. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos