Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Activation delay

I activated an all in one Optus Sim + recharge package for my phone this morning. It says it takes between 15mins to 4 hours to receive an activation SMS message. It has now been  more than 4hrs and still no Activation SMS. None of the “support” prerecorded offerings address this problem.

How do I escape this Optus Purgatory??

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Activation delay

Same  issue here. Bought online 2 days ago, tried activating it today. Trying to port over from Amaysim. Just spent about 3 hours on the phone trying to speak to a real person. Finally got through to someone, and after half an hour on hold just got told they are really busy and dont know how long it will take. Could be days. So now im stuck carrying around the old and new phones and sim cards, cause one will stop working at some point in the next?? 1-7 days???

Not good enough optus.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Sorry to hear of the issues guys, I hope your mobiles have since activated? If not, feel free to send me a private message with your number, name and DOB so I can review the notes and see what's happening for you.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

5 days later still not activated

Ended up going into the store on Saturday. No help at all. Just handed me the phone and said call customer service. 

Same script again. “ it will be activated in the next 4 hours”

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Day 6 and still no service. 

Things have gone from bad to worse. 

My old sim service has stopped working but the Optus one is not working. 

I’ve been without service now for 8 hours and after contacting customer service again still no action. They say porting only happens in business hours so no chance of it working until the morning. 

Very concerning as I have elderly unwell parents who rely on me for help. 

If it wasn’t such a great price I’d be taking the phone back to Optus and telling them where they can shove it. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

Ah, really disappointing to see that you're still waiting on this one to be actioned @jedinite,

Are you able to confirm which carrier you're porting across from? Of the activation delay enquiries I've handled, they've all been same carrier port in orders (that's an Optus reseller such as Virgin or Amaysim.) Let us know, I'm more than happy to try and help out here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Day 11 and still not working. 

Went into the store again. Told that they can’t do anything and once again handed me a phone to call customer service. 

Demanded to see the manager who was trying to help but said its going to be 3-5 working days. 

asked for the contact email or ph for the complaints line , was told there isn’t one. 

Asked them to provide me a prepaid sim as I’m still completely without ph service - nope. Got to pay for it and “may” be able to claim it back. 

The fact that not one person at Optus has offered me any sort of compensation or back up ph service has me really angry. 

Next step - off to the telecommunication industry ombudsman. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

God, I'm on day 5 with no service too, after cutting my Virgin sim after it was ported through.

This is RIDICULOUS! I will not be happy if i have to wait 11 days like you. Seeing as this must be an ongoing problem with Optus, I don't know why it hasn't been solved. Not happy at all. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Apologies for the delay with the porting @jedinite and @pip95. If you guys can send through your account details to us through a private message, we're happy to take a look into this for you and see what's going on. We'll need your full name, date of birth and account number. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Day 14

still no service

I have lodged a complaint with the Telecommunications industry ombudsman 

went into store again yesterday, and after queuing for 20minutes, the answer was pretty much “what do you expect me to do. Here’s the ph, call customer service “

so after them reassuring me last Thursday that they have it sorted and it will be processed manually , I was told yesterday that none of that had happened and that they will have to cancel my order and start from scratch. Sounds like they have also lost my existing phone number. 

Was also told my billing cycle had commenced 2 weeks ago , to which I laughed and said “well I’m not paying this month or next “. Only to be told he can only credit me this month. Gee. F%*#ing thanks Optus for not charging me for a service I don’t f#%*#ing have!!!!!!!!!!

Spent about 15 hours on this shite so far - where do I send Optus my bill for my time ? God help them if they’ve lost my number. 🤬🤬🤬

0 Kudos