Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Activating $50 Gift Card

lyn60

I won the Acatel Mobile Phone in the 12 days of Christmas Giveaway.

It came with a $50 Eftpos gift card, i have done all the things it said to do to activate the gift card,

with 2nd recharge of mobile being the $30 amount.  So when i go to activate the gift card it just wont activate.

Can anyone help without me having to ring any number as am hearing impaired and find it difficult to hear on the phone

Thanks in advance

Re: Activating $50 Gift Card

Toomey

Sorry to heart of the issues! I'll raise an escalation to have someone advise how to get this fixed for you and post back here asap.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Soulution

I have the same problem.

Solution

lyn60

Got contacted by Optus through messenger this arvo saying to email your details, gift card no and security code along with mobile no to 

optus@campaign.net.au

They handle gift card problems.

Hope this helps and our problems fixed soon

Dan_C

Thanks for the update @lync60,

Great to hear that the team got back to you! Fingers crossed, you hear back from them again soon. If anything else comes up, please give us a shout.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

lyn60

Heard back from Optus and apparantly it is my mistake. Having been 1st time i have had a pre paid mobile ( have had a post paid since 1st mobile phone with Optus for over 15years) i made mistake as i thought when you activate the SIM card you have to put some $ on it which i did of $!0, i didnt know that that counted as 1st recharge. I did recharge of the required amount 4 days later of $30 which is what i thought you had to do to be able to activate gift card but have been told the $10 amount is what is counted.

Seems unfair as i have recharged over the $30 amount by 4th Feb but nope only the $10 is what is gone by.

So looks like i have to miss out on the gift card and find another idea for my Granddaughters birthday present, well i have spent $40 to get $50. and now i think i just give up the pre paid and stick with my post paid, 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
81 Kudos
75 Kudos
70 Kudos
57 Kudos
44 Kudos