cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Retired Employee Andy
Retired Employee

Activate your replacement Optus SIM card online

Lost/damaged your SIM or unfortunately had your phone stolen and need to get a replacement SIM card? We've got you covered!

You can head over to your local Optus store and they can help you match the right SIM for the phone you'll be using for free! Find your nearest store here.

TIP - Not sure whether you need a Standard, Micro or Nano SIM? We've made things super simple with our 3 in one SIM card.

All you need to do is find your handset type in our Device Guides, refer to the Specs and it will show you what size SIM you require. You can then pop out the colour you need.

Follow the steps below to get started! 

1 - Log in to My Account

2 - From your dashboard, select the service you wish to replace your SIM for

3 - Select Settings from the menu on the right-hand side of your screen

4 - Click on Activate, that’s the first option in the Settings menu

5 - Click on Activate SIM (Note: You will lose your contacts if you haven't saved them to your device or backed them up elsewhere, our Device Guides also have tips to help with this)

6 - Choose the reason for replacing your SIM and click OK

7 - Pop in your SIM and you're ready to go!

The process takes between 15 minutes to 4 hrs, if it's not working then try switching your phone off, waiting a bit and trying again.

4 Replies
Occasional Contributor HWill
Occasional Contributor

Re: Activate your replacement Optus SIM card online

How do you activate a SIM online when Optus won’t send you one but say visit the nearest store. 

The nearest store being 120km away and not convenient to visit. 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I've seen your other posts, at this stage eSIMs can only be obtained and activated in stores. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor HWill
Occasional Contributor

What has caused this change in process?

My previous data only sim was mailed to me to put in a device not purchased from Optus. 

The rep said I could buy an iPad from Optus which would presumably arrive with a sim but I have already made an order and am awaiting delivery of a new iPad. 

While every other company is ramping up online delivery why is Optus going backward?

The new messaging system is clunky. 

I received no notification or sound alert that I had received a reply. 

When I returned to the screen it would not connect and took many retries to refresh. 

By the time I saw the survey to give feedback it had expired. 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Did you request a data only SIM (should be able to be mailed) or an eSIM? (not able to be mailed)

Get a replacement/new SIM card

To get a new or replacement SIM card for your mobile device, tablet or USB modem, bring 100 points of ID to your local 'yes' Optus store.

If you can't get to a store as you have special needs, or are living in a rural area, chat with us and we can explain your options.

There may have been a misunderstanding of your request?

If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.  

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors