Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

Account Billing

confused-grumpy

I have checked the last 32 transactions on my Prepaid Long Term account and out of the 32 transactions at least 14 of them are incorrect. I have not checked back any further but I would assume that there are more incorrect charges. I have searched the Optus site for a way to contact them to open some dialogue about this problem, however, when I attempt "Chat" I get the message "Cannot establish a connection". I have searched the site for other ways to contact them but I have not been successful. Does this mean that I should now make my complaint to the Telecommunications Ombudsman? I have attempted to resolve the matter but I cannot contact them.

I have had this same account for a few years now, I wonder how many incorrect transactions. 

Re: Account Billing

AlexRH

Sounds pretty concerning Smiley Sad Are you able to clarify what these charges appearing on your account are so we can look into it for you? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

confused-grumpy

Yes I can. I am on a Long Expiry Plan. When I recharge I pay $50 for credit, I get another $50 in Bonus Credit and I get $150 in Optus to Optus credit. My Optus to Optus credit is $900. 

My family members are all on Optus so any calls or messages to them is Optus to Optus and should come out of the $900 account. This does not always happen.

Another item is an SMS to a mobile, I was charged $18.19 from my Bonus Money account. Wow pretty expensive SMS. 

On another occassion I sent a SMS to a mobile number and this time I was charged $56.46 from my Optus to Optus account. Wow again with the big fees. Just prior to that I send an SMS to the same number and was charged .29c from my Bonus Money account. Same number, same day different accounts.... either it is Optus to Optus or not.

Now you can see why there is a problem and this is only in relation to my past 32 transactions which is 4 pages. The reason I have only checked 4 pages is that was all the paper I had in my printer at the time. I have not seen anything to make me think that there will not be a lot more errors. When I see an almost 50% error rate I start to worry about the ethics of the company.

Marie

That's certainly very concerning @confused-grumpy,

I've responded to your other post about this & would be happy to look further into this for you.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

confused-grumpy

I would be happy to have someone contact me about this problem. Yesterday I was advised that the 'System was down' and I should call back later I was given a phone number for Prepaid Today I called that number and I got a recorded message and was sent a link to the internet. 

I would like someone from Optus to contact me, my phone number is obviously linked to this forum. My account is James Cox.

I do not have any Data with my phone.

James Cox

Tris

We'd need to complete an ID check via a secure method James. I can see that Marie had included a link to PM in your other response, if you could send one through with your DOB, I can get this looked into

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
79 Kudos
75 Kudos
63 Kudos
55 Kudos
49 Kudos