Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
rex1218
New Contributor
New Contributor

About overdue bill

Hi I was an exchange student in AU. Because of Covid 19 I went bk to my country on 12th of April. On 11th, at night, I used optus mobile app to connect with the support team and requested them to cancel my phone number on 12th of April. At that time, I had already paid all of my mobile bill, however on 22nd of April, I received an email stating that I need to pay another phone bill that incurred to the phone number which I clearly requested to be deleted. What the heck... What am I supposed to do now? I don't even have any bank account in AU, and I honestly think that it's extremely unfair for me to pay for anything, considering the fact that I clearly requested a cancelation.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
LeviTechy
Contributor
Contributor

Re: About overdue bill

I doubt it might be a automated email which Optus sends when there is any bills to pay.Hence you payed all the due amounts there will be nothing to worry However, I would request you to contact optus through live messaging from your app and make sure there is nothing to pay and ignore the email 

@rex1218 

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

LeviTechy Optus
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: About overdue bill

Its possible cancelling involved some fees or outstanding amount. Normal practice is that you cancel and then you will receive a final bill after that (It should say final bill)

It is also possible that Optus just didn't cancel it correctly. In that case you just need to contact them and tell them you cancelled on the 11th and that you left the country on the 12th. They can confirm the phone hasn't been used since then but should be able to cedit any bill as required.

Try Facebook or Twitter
0 Kudos
Top Contributors