Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Cm1998
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

APPLE WATCH

Hi guys. 

Im wanting to add an Apple Watch series 3 onto my existing plan for my 8 plus. I went in store today and the guy said I can do it online but I can’t seem to find how to do this without getting a phone first? 

I’m already with Optus. 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: APPLE WATCH

Hey @Cm1998, you can only purchase an Apple Watch from Optus with a mobile I'm afraid. It can't be added later so you would need to purchase one outright from another retailer.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Quite a strange restriction. Not many products on the market that you can't buy unless you first buy something worth three times the price. Smiley Indifferent 

Peter Gillespie

Cm1998
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yep weird! 

Confusing too as I’ve been told in store I can get one online, then I contacted someone from the live chat and they said I can get one in store without the phone. 

I just want a watch!!! 😂

Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

To provide some further insight. In our systems the Apple Watch is listed as an "accessory", as opposed to a "product" (mobiles/tablets etc). We only sell products on 24 month contracts and any accessories need to be linked to that product.

I'm sorry if you have been told this would be possible by other channels. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Cm1998
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi @Toomey

Thats what I wanted to do - add a watch to my existing plan with you guys not just the watch alone (so each month I pay for the phone plus the watch repayments and have the number share) 

0 Kudos
Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Sorry I should of specified that it needs to be linked at point of sale, once your mobile contract has started, no accessories can be added.

0 Kudos
deucejunkie
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi @Toomey, I was told differently from Chat Support as well as when I rang. The Apple Watch S4 watch was OOS at the time I signed up for the new phone + new contract. What are my options now aside from paying for the watch outright? Im on my second month into the contract. I am happy to extend my contract to another 2 months just so I have the next 24 months to pay for the watch? I would have waited had I been told that I can only get the watch at POS? Surely Optus can do something for me? Thank you in advance.IMG_1353.jpeg

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi @deucejunkie, I've replied back to thread → https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Mobile/Adding-an-Apple-Watch-after-you-have-taken-out-a-plan/m-p/49...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos