Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

APP Billing error

I use the OPTUS APP to pay my mobile phone bill. A number of times now the amount taken to pay the bill from my financial institution is 1 cent short of what is shown on the APP when i pay. This leaves me showing as 1 cent owing. It has now happened a number of times and I have photographed each step. There is a commincation error between the APP and my bank - it would seem. Anyone else experience this issue.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: APP Billing error

That is very strange indeed, @Jambl5. A communication error would stop the payment from going through completely. I know this is probably stating the obvious but have you attempted a reinstall from the app on your device? If not, please follow this guide on how to clear the data cache and update the app for your device. Let me know if this resolves the issue!

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Have tried following the steps to clear the cache and after typing in the line in notes nothing happens. The App seemes to be working and I've even taken photogrpahs of each step of the payment process. Everything seems okay until the money is taken from my account. I have checked with the bank and no issue there end. Tried talking to someone at Optus about the issue and got nowhere to the point i was told i hadn't reported this same error before. I can't pay 1 cent on my account so will wait until the next bill and hopefully it sorts out...At the end of the day not a big issue just something very odd.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

This issue continues to occur and not with every bill. The financial institution says it is an OPTUS issue when reported to OPTUS they tell me there is nothing wrong and I haven't reported it previously. About to report it for the third time. A minor issue but surely one that can be fixed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Should read HAVE reported in previously.

0 Kudos