Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Fan0103
New Contributor
New Contributor

A third-party kept asking me to make payment

I am currently overseas so I haven't used my Optus phone number for over half a year. So, I guess my account has already been restricted.

But recently, I kept receiving emails from a third-party company to pay my bill for 225$. And I clicked the link on that email and finished payment.

But I am still receiving the same email from that third-party company. I just want to know if my bill is paid and how to pay the money to stop receiving emails from that third-party. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: A third-party kept asking me to make payment

By 3rd party are you saying a debt collector? Thats the only legit scenario I can think of for a 3rd party to contact you about an Optus debt, otherwise its almost certainly a scam.

Can you past the email here so that we can take a look (be sure to remove any personal info, including account numbers first).
0 Kudos
Jono_YC

Hi @Fan0103 it's not great to hear that you've been receiving these notices.

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. Our team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

We're also available to assist via Social Media. Please send us a private message to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

"And I clicked the link on that email and finished payment."

Please tell me you don't click on links in random emails and provide payment details? You appear to have no awareness of spam and scams and phishing emails?

From here on out please never click on a link in an SMS or email unless you have specifically just requested that communication. For all other links etc. go directly to the website or phone etc. and talk directly.

I don't want to make you feel bad (anyone can get scammed on the net) but if you're clicking on random payment links you need to be told. Even if this one is ok, the next one won't be.

I can only suggest you cancel any card you used to "pay" this bill with and change any passwords you might have entered. I hope you didn't provide personal details like date of birth etc.