cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Kevdup
New Contributor

A current affair

I am going to a current affair about being conned by Optus. anyone else want to join me?

9 Replies
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Re: A current affair

Hi 

It would be good to know the reason you are going to The Current Affair other than being conned.  How? 

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Kevdup
New Contributor

Moved my sons mobile service to Optus due to a special being offered. As I am already a customer with Optus, I was told that it would be easier to put his mobile in ,y name, which I did. I was also told that I would need to call Optus via phone to get the  offers, which I did, after 3 months and long after the cooling off period. They say, that because his contract is in my name, I have 3 in my name, (both sons). I am not legible to qualify for the discount. i am now stuck in an over priced more expensive contract, that the one I moved from. I feel ripped off. Please expose them. many thanks, regards, Kevin

0 Kudos
New Contributor Kevdup
New Contributor

The below message is the message that I have just sent to ACA

0 Kudos
New Contributor Kevdup
New Contributor

above

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Hi Kevin

I wish you luck but I don't think ACA will be very interested.

If it was me I would pester Optus to either give you the refund or to allow you to cancel the contract without penalty.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

While you're waiting for ACA to get back to you I suggest moving through the Optus complaints process. Best IMO to write a letter as they generally take letters seriously. 

Customer Relations Group
PO Box 306
SALISBURY SOUTH
SA 5106

Be sure to include your Full Name, Service orAccount Number.

I suggest you keep it simple (avoid unrelated info) and also tell them what you would accept as a resolution (presumably to have the discounts applied?)

Optus should repsond quickly and aim to resolve the complaint in 10 working days. If you don't here from them then make a submission to the TIO (which is the office that investigates Telcos on your behalf and can make orders to fix things if it decides its warranted.) Basically give them the same info you sent Optus and also note Optus haven't come up with a satisfactory solution.

FWIW the key issue appears to be you sold a product that couldn't work as described (putting the phones in your name meant you don't get a discount). Optus have a duty not to sell services that can't match the description (cost)

Not sure if offering to put your sons on theirown contract would be possible or help? 

FWIW You probably didn't get a "cooling off period". Unless someone from Optus called you up and convinced you to sign a contract there's no cooling off period.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Hi Kevin

I think the question that will be asked by the TIO is why it took 3 months before you queried the charges.

Dave

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Shauna
RetiredModerator

Hi @Kevdup - Thanks for reaching out, apologies for the delayed response. Whilst you're well within your rights to seek alternate advice from the media, as @petergdownload suggested, following our complaints process is the best avenue to go down if you're after a resolution. If you'd like to send me a private message with your account details, we can certainly take a look into this for you. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors