cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor RJMJRJ
New Contributor

A FALSE INFORMATION, SO UNABLE TO RECONTRACT

Such unpleasant experiences with live support.

I saw 25% discounts offer in optus website, used chat support to contract. I asked the general account and said yes I am eligible to upgrade to higher one.  then I was transferred to sales team.

after the long chat, the sales said I cannot have the offer, because this offer only available when you add a new number in the existing account. I asked them I didn't see what you said, he said there is no information in the website but this is the offer.

What the~ 

If the website, new or recontact, but it didn't say new number only.  

The worst experience ever, oops no information in the website, but it is what it is. I cannot give the discount?  I will never recommend Optus.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: A FALSE INFORMATION, SO UNABLE TO RECONTRACT

Can you provide a link to the offer so we can see what it says? 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
New Contributor RJMJRJ
New Contributor

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I interpret that offer as only being available if you are buying a new phone. I assume you already have one of those phones and your plan is not as good?

0 Kudos
New Contributor RJMJRJ
New Contributor

No, I don't have any phone. I am trying to upgrade, the first assistance said yes, and second one said no although Optus web page didn't say, new number needs to be added in my account. 

0 Kudos
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Why don't you just sign up online then? I went through some of the steps until the point it asked me for my mobile number. I get the impression this is a deal to get pre-paid customers to convert to postpaid but it's not really clear. I'd try anyway because they can only say no but you won't lose anything

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Top Contributors