Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

$99 upgrade

So I know it's too late to pre order now for the note 9 because it will be available in store as if tomorrow anyways .But I'm like 20 days out from my 12 Months and I really want to get the note 9. Will Optus let me upgrade early .Or are they very strict on making sure the 12 mo the is definately uo.  Thanks 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: $99 upgrade

I started with a samsung S8 plus in July last year.

I was able to upgrade for $99 - I have to give the S8 plus back to optus though. This was under a lease agreement.

So if you are under lease it should only cost you $99

Otherwise, if it is the standard contract, you may need to pay back half the price of the original note 8 to upgrade to a note 9

My note 9 is under lease too. So next year I'll get a note 10. Gosh I'm so superficial 😛

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yeah I leased my note 8 last year but my 12 months isn't up until the 22/09/18. I was hoping Optus would let me upgrade a little early but I don't know if they will

I will definately upgrade to the note 10 next year as well .I can't help myself lol 

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

There is no difference to the $99 upgrade plan under lease or the standard plan (except under lease you have to return your phone after either 12 or 24 months, under the standard plan you can choose to upgrade for $99 or just keep the phone forever and pay nothing more)

To the OP the 12 month upgrade is reasonably strict, I'd be suggesting that if you want to buy into the whole "any phone released today is more than incrimentally better than the previous generation and worth extending my $2000 contract for another 24 months after which I don't get to keep the phone (and if the phone is lost, stolen or damaged I will have to buy another one so I can give it to back to Optus after 24 months)" then perhaps don't

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

They are uber strict, I've just gone through it myself. And it's 12 months and 1 day just FYI so just keep that in mind when you head in store or place your order online as well

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Also note that upgrading for $99 means your current contract is extended a further 24 months.

Peter Gillespie