Searching...

Mobile

Accepted Solution

$85 My plan plan extra charges

Pinchek

I just renewed my plan and have received the first bill. I am being charged for $5 for the Mobile TV streaming service and $10 for fetch mini. The plan says Mobile tv streaming is included? and regarding the fetch mini, I was not informed that I will be charged extra for that. I had fetch mini with my previous plan that I didnt use that came free with it with no extra charge. How come now Optus charges me for it?

Re: $85 My plan plan extra charges

petergdownload

Do you now have 2 fetch minis? Optus only provide the first one for free. Optus retain ownership of the fetch units so you'll need to request a satchel to return one (is free to return)

The tv streaming might be a glitch. Contact livechat and all them to look into it.

Peter Gillespie

Pinchek

Thank you for responding Peter! I didn't receive another fetch mini. I called the fetch team last night and in my account it shows only 1 fetch mini registered, the one I have from my previous plan. I asked the agent why am I being charged $10 for the fetch mini I already have and he cannot help me. He told me to contact billing regarding this matter.

petergdownload

Optus appears to have a lot of manual processes when it comes to billing. A result of endless permutations of new offers and deals (a good thing) on a billing platform that can't handle every sales team idea automatically (a bad thing). I believe Optus are in the process of upgrading this platform but until then glitches (like your's appears to be) pop up from time to time.

As suggested the billing team should be able to apply the correct code to remove the charges (and provide a credit against any current charge). Hopefully straight forward but in some cases it can take a few goes for the changes to stick.

Peter Gillespie

Pinchek

I just called billing and now they are passing me around again. No one is able to help me waive the fetch mini charges.

petergdownload

Its a public holiday. I'm not sure "billing" is available out of hours. You're probably dealing with general customer service agents today. Hopefully you do hit someone that can help - first thing is to work out if the charge is for some reason valid.

NB when you say you 'renewed' your contract do you mean you signed up for another 12-24 months? This isn't necessary at Optus unless you are signing up to a new deal with hopefully better terms. In general Optus plans simply fold over to a month to month plan that equals your old plan but you have the flexability of leaving or signing up to a new Optus plan without penalty.

Peter Gillespie

Pinchek

I did manage to talk to someone named Hannah. She said she will waive the charges for the mobile tv streaming and fetch mini. I just have to wait until my bill gets updated. I went with a different plan.

Solution

Pinchek

My problem has already been resolved by the escalation team. They waived the monthly charges of $15 on my account. Thank God, Optus still has employees who can resolve this kind of issue.

Dan_C

Glad to hear someone was able to help out @Pinchek

In the future, if you do run into any issues - we're always able to help out from our end.

You can always send us a private message.

We might not be able to get back to you immediately, but we'll try our best.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
108 Kudos
103 Kudos
84 Kudos
78 Kudos
43 Kudos