Searching...

Mobile

Accepted Solution

80GB for $40 SIM Only Sale

[ Edited ]
Optus

SO PLANS.png

Looking for a chunk of data to use on your Mobile?

Save 20% off on the $50 12 Month SIM Only Plan!

Hurry, this deal ends Thursday night 6th June 2019.

Re: 80GB for $40 SIM Only Sale

[ Edited ]
Alviin

So i just terminated my plan for this promotion.

What happens after 12 Months?

Do i still receive the 80GB at $40 after this period?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Solution

Ray_YC

Yes as that is the base amount for that plan. The 20% off ends after 12 months.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

NormanM

This plan includes “Standard roaming calls and SMS for use while overseas (in zone 1 countries)”. A few questions:

1. Let’s assume I’m roaming in the US (a zone 1 country).  Can I make unlimited calls from the US to people in zone 1 countries (eg US, Canada, UK, Germany), and can I receive unlimited calls from people in these countries?

2. Let’s assume I’m roaming in the US (a zone 1 country). Can I make unlimited calls from the US to Australia, and can I receive unlimited calls from people in Australia?

3. Let’s assume I’m roaming in the US (a zone 1 country). Can I make a call to someone in Mexico (a zone 2 country)?

4. Let’s assume I’m roaming in the US (a zone 1 country). Can I take (receive) a call from someone in Mexico (a zone 2 country)?

It’s not clear from the product information, and I just like to be sure.

[ Edited ]
Ray_YC

Hi there,

Edit: Please see updated answers after clarification from Product Marketing:

1A. Can I make unlimited calls from the US to people in zone 1 countries = Yes, to standard numbers:  If you have this $50 plan you can use included roaming value while overseas in Zone 1 countries for calls to standard national and international numbers and SMS (excludes MMS) as well as 4GB of data. See section ‘Using your service overseas’ for additional information. (See optus.com.au/zone1 for list of Zone 1 countries).  

1B. Can I receive unlimited calls from people in these countries = Yes, you can receive unlimited calls from anywhere as long as you are located in a Zone 1 country with this offer.

2A. Can I make unlimited calls from the US to Australia = See answer to 1A.

2B. Can I receive unlimited calls from people in Australia = See answer to 1B. 

3. Can I make a call to someone in Mexico (a zone 2 country) =  See answer to 1A.

4. Can I take (receive) a call from someone in Mexico (a zone 2 country) = Yes. See answer to 1B and 2B.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

NormanM

So you are saying that basically this plan, which allegedly includes roaming, only provides calls you make when in the US (a zone 1 country) to other zone 1 countries, but doesn’t allow you to receive calls at all (unless you pay extra to buy a roaming pack), and doesn’t include making or receiving calls to or from Australia? Other than the data allowance, it’s giving you almost nothing.

Why is Optus bothering including these calls? This seems like they want to appear to give you something, but in reality Optus are giving you almost nothing.

Ray_YC

Just relaying what the Critical Information Summary says. If you'd like further clarification, please chat with us.  

NormanM

Hi Ray,

I’ve chatted with different people at Optus, and everyone gives me a different answer because the CIS is so ambiguous. For example, the CIS says you can use “included roaming value while overseas in Zone 1 countries for calls to standard national and international numbers and SMS”; “included roaming value” means nothing, because no “value” (except for the 4GB data) is mentioned, and you can’t use the 4GB data for calls.

All I’m after is a definitive answer so I know what’s included before I travel, and the CIS doesn’t give me that.  Can I ask please that someone at Optus give a definitive answer, and preferably redraft that section of the CIS, which is totally ambiguous.  By the way, once you sign up to the plan, the Optus app doesn’t allow you to buy a Travel pack, so I have a feeling that it would not be excluded if you had to buy one to get coverage.

[ Edited ]
Ray_YC

Hi @NormanM 

Apologies for all the confusion. I raised this with Product Marketing and received clarification today. Please see my edited original response above. I have provided feedback regarding the CIS. 

Safe travels.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
137 Kudos
117 Kudos
81 Kudos
80 Kudos
47 Kudos