Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
New Contributor Zacobeid
New Contributor

59 promo plus discount

Hi

I am currently on a my plan plus.

I want to get on the $59 Promo Plus ($69 with Huwaie Mate 20 Pro)

I currently get the $10 discount for having home internet, and the 10% discount because I am  a student. 

Could you please confirm if I register for the Promo Plus online and order the phone , that the $10 and 10% discounts will automatically apply?

There is no option to put this when buying online.

Will it automatically flow through?

Also , will the plan be $53.10?

($69 - $10 -10%

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: 59 promo plus discount

First up the current plan shouldn't have any impact. This is a completely new plan and handset. If you have any contract time left on the old plan you'll need to see the costs of ending it (or run it out)

The Optus Student discount appears to be a general option company wide (on one plan only though?). So you are likely to be able to get it applied once the new plan is sorted (can apply it anytime to any plan).

Optus stoped doing the $10 discount a while ago, but it looks like its back in place. Apparently only for Ultra internet plans. Again you should be apply that to the new plan.

That said, Optus make the signing process very unclear IMO. Instead of a straight forward list of what you will get and what you will pay being provided up front, OPtus relies on a mishmash of promises and scattered references around its sites that can be applied months after sign up. Service agents appear to ready to agree stuff is included and getting what was agreed to down the track is laborious. 

Moral is use LIVECHAT and get specific confirmation of the elements of the deal. Copy and Paste the LIVE chat yourself as the Send To Email option seems to work on and off.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: 59 promo plus discount

They insert an extra step when you go through that link to verify you as a student (via your email address). 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
Top Contributors