cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

$59 iPhone8 deal a scam?

Hi all,

Just chasing up where my phones are for the $59 deal Optus had prior to Xmas, conveniently they can't find my order. 3hrs+ and about 8-9 transfers and no one seems to know what's going on at Optus although some stuff on a waiting list etc. I wasn't told this when signing up, I was simply told I would receive a call when they came into stock and it would be sent to my nominated business address.

I was setting up my business with Optus, I wanted two of the iPhone and activated a new ADSL service (all that's available at my business address) and they tell me ADSL account is all good, but conveniently the two mobile accounts have mysteriously disappeared. I don't think I am the first that has had Optus do this to them... 

I was going to switch my current 4 services with another provider (internet and 3 mobiles) to Optus so they're all on one bill. But after this episode, seems I'm best off staying away if they cant even sort out an order for 2 iPhones (assuming they do hundreds if not thousands of these a week). 

What are my options for this? What action can I take? I have been without internet service at my business address for nearly 3 weeks. The mobile phone services are annoying, but not crucial to running my business (they do save a lot of time and money being able to communicate more efficiently). 

They tell me I can't get out of the contract for internet and the above was the only reason for me switching to Optus in the first place, but funnily enough not even the ADSL service is switched on and working yet (22nd December is when I made the call to get these services).

I have spoken to sales, then pre-activation, then sales, then pre-activation, then customer service, they transferred me back to pre-activation then they transferred me back to customer service who are now as we speak, talking with pre-activation again. Seems like an absolute shemozzle at Optus for something that should have been so simple. I have finally made it to complaints/disconnect stage but they tell me don't dont think that much can be done. I feel like I've been duped. Big time. 

Is someone from Optus would like to pick this one up and either get me the phones I ordered or completely remove every account (including my home accounts). That would be great, RunWith Pty Ltd is my business name. 

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: $59 iPhone8 deal a scam?

Its a pretty poor situation to find yourself in. 

You shouldn't be being charged for any of these services yet (if you do get a bill you can ring and Optus should credit the monthly fees as you couldn't use them yet.). 

The Customer Gurantee doesn't appear to apply (it covers landlines not internet) and besides you signed the writes away with this bundle:

By accepting the benefits of this bundled offer, the connection date for your phone that you agree to will likely be longer than the maximum timeframe in the Customer Service Guarantee (CSG). Apart from this, any other rights you have under the CSG still apply. For more information, see optus.com.au/yourCSG

Its slow, but I'd make a formal written complaint. You can keep hassling till you get a response (should be <10 days) but you should get a ticket number and hopefully someone taking direct responsibility to sort it out.

Customer Relations Group
PO Box 306
SALISBURY SOUTH
SA 5106

If you don't get a satisfactory (and specific) answer then move on to the TIO. 

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: $59 iPhone8 deal a scam?

Hey Willie, sorry to hear you've had such a run around with your orders, it's definitely not the welcome we want you to have.

What channel did you order the phones through? (Website, Live Chat, Telesales etc)

ADSL has a minimum connection time of 10 business days so you should of been connected by now. What was the end result of your call the other day? A fault ticket may need to be raised to organise a wholesale technician to be sent out.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors