Searching...

Mobile

$59 Plan Galaxy S8

EllaMcD

I submitted an order for the $59 plan with the Samsung Galaxy S8 on Wednesday 20 December and was issued with a temporary order number and was advised via email that Optus would get in touch within the next business day if further information was required. Well, I heard nothing for 5 days, and finally decided to contact Optus (via facebook messenger, as WebChat isn't working) to ask for an update. On December 26 I reeived an email requesting some ID documents, which I supplied the same day (as a side note, it's pretty ridiculous to not provide an update for 5 days, and then have the gall to say that my order would be cancelled if I didn't respond to your email in 48 hours).

It has now been a further 5 days and I have yet to receive a permanent order number, or even any acknowledgement that my documents have been received. I've sent follow-up emails, to which I've received no response (and indeed, my latest email resulted in a delivery failure because "the recipient's mailbox is full"!!). I've also sent multiple messages through Facebook, none of which have been answered beyond the standard 'thanks for your message' response. WebChat still is not working, and I don't want to spend hours waiting on the phone as my husband has had to do for his order. All I want is to know whether my order is being processed and when I can expect to receive it. 

It is truly shocking how badly this appears to have been handled by Optus - with a sale like this, how could you have not forseen the uptake and the need for additional staff to handle orders?! How could you think it is acceptable to have a live chat option that doesn't work, or allow your mailbox to completely fill up so that people can't send emails?! Amazing that such a massive company can mishandle a sale in such a ridiculous way.

Re: $59 Plan Galaxy S8

Leanne31085

Hey Ella

I placed an order the same day and having same issues. One of the moderators on a forum advised if you go on live chat, cancel the order and re place it , its pretty much processed right away. I hope that helps, I am doing this now. Try tonight, everyone is out for new years and live chat is working. go figure!

Marie

Sorry to hear that @EllaMcD Smiley Sad

Thanks for getting in touch with us. Can you please send us through your details via this form and our Online Sales team will follow this up for you? 
You will just need to enter in your temporary order number in the 'Tell us more about your enquiry' section so that they can locate your order.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

EllaMcD

Hi, thanks for your help with this. I've received a tracker number and my delivery says that it's on it's way, however it's being sent to my old home address rather than to my current address in Sydney (I don't know why, I'm sure I would have input my current address when filling out my order form). Luckily my old address is my parent's house, but obviously I won't be there to accept my phone. Is there any way I can get the address updated so that it comes to my new address?

Highlighted

Toomey

Hey @EllaMcD, sorry to hear of the issues with your delivery. I'm assuming the package has been delivered now? Re-delivery would need to be organised asap via Sales Support on 1300300562.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

EllaMcD

Hi,

Not to worry, I was able to get the package re-directed via the Live Chat. I did get a delivery notification on my phone and my order number no longer works (as Star-Track has it marked as delivered and signed for), but the chat operator said that my phone is being redelivered to my current address now. Thanks for your help!

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
198 Kudos
129 Kudos
129 Kudos
122 Kudos
78 Kudos