Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
zebde
New Contributor
New Contributor

56 hours and no action activation

I received my Mobile Broadband SIM 56 hours ago. I attempted to activate it online and was quoted 15 minutes to 4 hours. The maximum time passed and I contacted Live Chat. They said they activated it and I waited again. 4 hours passed and no activation. I contacted them again and they said it was in queue for automatic activation and to wait 24 hours. Nothing happened by yesterday morning, so I contacted them again and they said there was an IT issue and it needed to be referred for rectification. They quoted 24 to 48 hours. It has been 36 hours since that event and no action has occurred.

I am consistently condescended about inserting SIM cards correctly and power cycling the modem, which is incredibly insulting. The modem operates when my mobile phone SIM is inserted, and when the Optus SIM is inserted into my phone, it indicates no service.

I signed on to Optus with the expectation that Australia's second largest carrier would be efficient, professional and prompt. This has not been the case. Your Live Chat is sending me around in circles, avoiding the issue and leaving me with no solution. 

I have activated new SIM cards in Australia and overseas within 10 minutes, and recently ported a phone between carriers within 20 minutes. The inefficiency of Optus is beyond ridiculous. 

I want immediate action to rectify my activation issue. If not, you may have one of the first people without a service referring Optus to the TIO for absolute professional and technical incompetence. Contact me at the earliest available opportunity to retain my business and avoid escalation of this absolute cluster of a situation. I've had enough. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
zebde
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: 56 hours and no action activation

Bump

0 Kudos
Vicky
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@zebde - Thanks for getting in touch with us. I'm sorry that your new service is still waiting to be activated. Did you happen to have the reference number handy from our IT guys so we can take a look for you?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
zebde
New Contributor
New Contributor

Disregard. It appears someone must have taken heed and my service was activated on Friday. This is not a good way to commence a commercial relationship, but I'll guess we'll see where it goes. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors