cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor JRob
New Contributor

4G vey slow - no outages, what to do?

Hi all,  I use optus for my Pixel 2xl and vividwireless home broadband. Currently 4g speeds at home are poor <3Mb/s

Outage map shows our local tower is green but clearly not performing well enough. 

Wife's telstra 4g pixel 3xl is downloading at 250Mb/s.

What can I do - assume congestion but what's the best support approach? Live chat? 

Tags (3)
2 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: 4G vey slow - no outages, what to do?

I did read in a post recently that Vivid Wireless is being phased out so it might pay to speak with sales about that. Yes the live chat on the second link below is probably the best method

https://www.vividwireless.com.au/phase-out-info

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: 4G vey slow - no outages, what to do?

What you're experiencing wouldn't be related to the Vivid closure.

All Vivid customers unless they've specified otherwise would be migrated to the equivalent Optus wireless broadband plan.

There shouldn't be any interruption during this period.

We provide service to Vividwireless customers over our 4G plus Network (speeds capped to 12/1). Congestion could be an issue, but you'll need to speak with a technical support consultant to dig a bit deeper.

It's worth taking a look at our current offers. No more speed caps in place unless you exceed your allowance. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors