Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

4G service erratic

Is it just me or has Optus 4G been eratic over the past 3 months or so? Im finding on a daily basis (random times) connection to 4G goes down to single bar or none at all. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: 4G service erratic

Hi jrd,

Please help us by specifying what area(s) this is happening. Have you checked the Network Coverage Map?

What troubleshooting have you tried? Does it happen with another device?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Happens alot around home, Highett area. But also exp around Melb CBD. Along the train lines i understand there possible blackout areas so im discounting those. In saying that, when I was with Telstra, didnt actually notice any drop in service when on a train. 

Ive checked my device, Samsung S8 and did the usual things from keeping it up to date, clearing it off unncessary bloated wares etc. 

Anyway the experience ive had is in the past when at home i never bothered to switch to wifi (i have 20 gigs of mobile data) but lately over the past 3 months or so ive found that because of the frequent drop in service (gets annoying when it happens enough times) ive started to rely on wifi again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have switched to Testra from TPG for my home internet and to be honest whilst I loath giving Telstra more $, service wise other than occasional wide service issues, they tend to be more reliable and so likely will switch mobile service to them once my Optus contract expires.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

There doesn't appear to be any reported network issues in Highett. 

There are dozens of towers in the Melbourne CBD, you can enter the specific location in the previously mentioned map to check.

Perhaps you can try setting your S8 to be 3G Only for a week or so to see if there is any difference and let us know.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos