Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Siobhian
New Contributor
New Contributor

4G USB Modem

I purchased an Optus 4G Modem, successfully activated it (I received an email to verify the successful activation) and topped it up with $20.  I tested the device after successful activation and topping up and it was not working on my tablet device. 

I visited one of your stores, but they were unable to test the device on their computer, as they said the internet was not able to be deactivated in order to test the USB mobile device (?)  This was not the customer care experience I was seeking from your shop front customer service representatives.

Rather than assisting me with a refund I requested (for the top up), they said that I should contact customer care for this.  I'm not sure what the point of a shop front is, if they are unable to assist me with, what I believe to be, a relatively straight forward customer request?

Can someone please assist?  I dont have time to chat now, but please feel free to contact me with a resolution to my issue on the below contact options.

Mob *moderated*

Email **moderated**

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MiCCAS
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: 4G USB Modem

Hey there,

Apologies to hear about the issues you're having in setting up your new Optus 4g modem!

Can you give me a bit more information as to what issues you're experiencing with the modem? When you say that it doesn't work, do you get any error messages? Are any pages accessible at all?

It's probably quicker if you get in contact with the Optus Technical Support team; they're best placed to help get your modem up and running and can help troubleshoot! You can call or chat via http://yesopt.us/chat2us

Let us know how you go 🙂

Michael.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button 🙂
10000000000GB
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: 4G USB Modem

>> I'm not sure what the point of a shop front is, if they are unable to assist me with, what I believe to be, a relatively straight forward customer request?

The Optus shops are not Optus. They make their own point by selling you phones and plans. They don't care if a plan that came from somewhere else doesn't work, but they care if a plan that they sold you doesn't work, because they won't get royalties.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors