cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
Moderator Ev_

Re: $45 My Plan Plus 15 GB bonus data not showing up

Hey @AB65 - if you can send through a PM with your account details, we'll take a closer look into this for you. We'll need the following details:

Are you the account holder for this service: Y/N

Full Name: 

DOB:
Account/service number: 

Thanks

0 Kudos
New Contributor NeonWabbit
New Contributor

This is also happening to me.

On all of my bills, I have been charged $10 for every 1 GB over the initial 15 GB. None of the promised 15 GB bonus data in sight! What's going on?

Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

As long as its your 2nd bill onwards then Optus will recredit the fine once they sort the application of bonus data (in many cases it seems to have to be manually applied and doesn't always stick right)

Contact a mod to see if they can sort the backend for you @GuyCS

Peter Gillepsie

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I'm happy to go in and take a look @NeonWabbit

When you get the chance, send through a private message.

We need your full name, DOB and mobile number. If I see that you're eligible for the double data offer - I'll also go in and credit any excess data up to the promotional total you should have received. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Al123
Occasional Contributor

My 50% SMS warnin was wrong so NO, not legally binding when Optus stuffed up and didn't count the data as per our contract.  Having to complain to mods here to have them fix this manually is a disgrace ( specially since it seems that is not just a one off error) and I'm sure its also a nuisance for the mods here.    At least they are able to sort it out and fix the incompetence that Optus seems to display without too much hassles. Thanks mods.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

We appreciate the feedback @Al123

Completely understand that your experience has been a bit of a letdown, I'm happy we were able to help out from our end.

If any questions come to mind, you're always welcome to reach out to us here. 

If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor AB65
New Contributor

Re: $45 My Plan Plus 15 GB bonus data not showing up - SOLVED BY Dan_C

Whole experienc of upgrading to that double data deal in early Sep was a complete debacle for me ending with Optus cutting off my phone and my teen's phone (over dispute over upgrade penalty charge) despite promises by call centre not to do so. 

Solved at the last gasp by Dan_C.

A huge thanks to Dan for getting phone bar removed, credit resolved and double data finally applied all within 48hrs !! Miracle worker.

Only question is why it had to get to this point - Optus needs to take serious look at customer service at call centre level. 

Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Yeah the Mods here are a bit like Super Staff (able to leap inter departmental obstacles in a single email) 

Thanks for letting us know it turned out ok.

Peter Gillespie

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

We have some really great support staff in our area.

If I'm unable to go in and action something myself, there's always someone within a stone's throw that can help out.

A lot of The guys in our social and communities team were once subject matter experts in their old area/department. 

Not to mention our awesome contributers like @petergdownload

Thanks a bunch @AB65

0 Kudos
Top Contributors