Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Nadom
New Contributor
New Contributor

$45 My Plan Plus 15 GB bonus data not showing up

On 1/9/2018, I signed up for a $45  12 months sim only plan during a promotion period that gave me double data and paln discount to $36. They said the bonus data would be added on the second bill peroid. However, nothing is added and the 300 international minutes is not showing up in the second month ( it was there in the first month).

How do I get my data and the international minutes?

0 Kudos
28 Replies
Bluemich
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: $45 My Plan Plus 15 GB bonus data not showing up

Same here. Signed up on 1/9/2018 and 2nd bill just showed up. Both on the bill and app show no signs of sny bonus data. Optus said it will show up on 2nd bill. This is ridiculous. On my contract there is also no mention of any bonus data. At least the discount still shows.

GuyCS

Hey @Nadom and @Bluemich - apologies for any confusion, but the bonus data should be applied after you receive your second bill (rather than your second billing period). If you've signed up on 1/9/2018, it sounds like you may not have received your second bill yet.

That being said, if you have received your second bill and find that the additional data hasn't been applied, please let us know so that we can follow up as soon as possible. 

In regard to the international minutes, this isn't currently displayed in My Account / My Optus App. We're aware of this and our back-end team is working to make this available. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Optus billing in this area is seriously lacking (and IMO contravenes consumer laws on fine print and misleading promotions)

Optus generally don't provide a comprehensive copy of the contractual agreement they and you have entered. Generally you get a "base"  version of the deal which just says some other unknown bonuses might be applicable (never mind that these bonuses are starting to become the majority of the deal these days)

The "2nd bill" approach is also misleading in several ways. The first is even noticing that it applies. The headline promises double data but after delays in activating it can be closer to x1.8 data for the term of the contract. The second is the term "2nd bill" which most would think is after one month the bonus is applied. However Optus don't consider the transition month (where you changed plans) a "bill" so the first bill is the second you recieve. Going into the third billing period (so up to 60 days later) is when you will have the bonus data applied.

Peter Gillespie

Bluemich
New Contributor
New Contributor

Read my post. I wrote "2nd bill just showed up...."

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

@Bluemich,

Sounds like you were cutting things really fine datewise?

Did your "1st Bill" mention the new plan at all? The "1st Bill" (as far as Optus is concerned) is the one that shows both the old and new plans (prorated) at the same time.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

@Bluemich, I've sent you a private message.

Happy to chat with you there. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Nadom
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

I have received the second bill and the additional data hasn't been applied yet. 

Regards

0 Kudos
Marie
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Thanks Nadom,

It can take up to the end of the second bill cycle to apply.

You're most welcome to PM us with your details:

Mobile Number:

Full Name:

Date of Birth:

Are you the account holder? Y/N

And we can check out your account for you.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Amit_Bh
New Contributor
New Contributor

I signed to the same plan, I dont see my international minutes. I was told by the customer service that there is a peroblem in the app. But then why dont I see the minutes on my online account. I want to keep track of the international minutes I used, and I am sure if I go over different charges will show up on my bill.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors