Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
madroy
New Contributor
New Contributor

3rd party charges

Recently I discovered that for the past 12 months I have been getting charged over $60pm in 3rd party charges that I DID NOT sign up for.  I have contacted Optus and asked for a refund.  Was told that they would raise an investigation and get back to me within 10 working days.  I requested that it be expedited  and gave them half that time to respond.  It is 12 days or 8 working days since that call.  I called back today and was told they rang me on the 26th October (the day after my initial call).  I did not receive a call, nor a message from them and they did not try and call back on either of the numbers I provided.  When speaking with Optus today, they advised me they would email the investigation team and get them to contact me again.  I asked them to be put through to "Pat" and was told there was no way this could happen, that the person I was speaking to didn't even have a way to contact them.  Has this happened to anyone else and if so what advice can you give?  It seems to me that I will have no option but to contact the ACCC and the TIO because the business practices of Optus leave a lot to be desired.  I have read that 3rd party charges are not permitted and that Telstra and Optus have been penalised for this in the past.  

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Davelew
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: 3rd party charges

Hi

Just follow the advice from @petergdownload in this link;

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Online-Mobile-Self-Service/MIA-Sphere-Live-charge-me-w-o-consent/m-...

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Ev_

Re: 3rd party charges

Hi @madroy - We have committed to undertake a comprehensive review of customers affected by such activity, and to provide refunds where appropriate. If you believe you have been affected and are yet to get a refund, please submit an enquiry via our website for further investigation → https://offer.optus.com.au/for-you/support/complaints1 (in the "Which account are you experiencing issues with" section, select "Direct Carrier Billing/Premium SMS"). We will be in contact to confirm the outcome of our review. 

0 Kudos