cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor matchfairy
New Contributor

$30 recharge bonus 10Gb til 3/9/17

I've topped up my mobile Broadband with the $30 offer which is on the website at a promotional 4Gb +10Gb bonus.  But only 4Gb has been applied.  Did I miss one of the many conditions for the bonus 10Gb?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Contributor Astrayan
Contributor

Re: $30 recharge bonus 10Gb til 3/9/17

0 Kudos
New Contributor

stupid optus err.png

No its not working at all ;-((

0 Kudos
New Contributor

I'd usually use the live chat to clear this up but its been down for days. Is anyone left at Optus Support?

Screen Shot 2017-07-07 at 12.17.54 am.png

0 Kudos
Contributor Astrayan
Contributor

You have to login to Optus accounts, using a fresh in cognito or private browsing session, because their cookie code is overcomplicated, buggy and lousy.

It took me ages to even reply to you, because I had to login with an in cognito browser.

New Contributor

Hey @Astrayan,

Turns out it is not a fault in their system.  It is a marketing thing that only applies to a specific TYPE of Mobile Broadband.  Here is the response from Online Chat -

Optus Chat - my issue.png

"Optus PrePaid" vs "My Prepaid"

see the difference there?

0 Kudos
Contributor Astrayan
Contributor

Oh yeah. That's what I told the other guy I pointed to. But I thought since there were suddenly two of you, complaining about the same thing, you couldn't both be wrong.

0 Kudos
New Contributor PaulatHerveyBay
New Contributor

Hey, I've just fallen for the same thing. It never occurred to me that mine, the "My Prepaid Mobile Broadband" was a different animal.

I waited 3 days then contacted Optus via the message system. 

The customer service person said he'd resolved it but in the end he'd just applied another  $30 recharge with 4Gb and not the 10Gb bonus. 

I wouldn't know whether he realised the difference or not???

I wonder if I Optus will come good or if I need to change my plan every time I run out so I'm eligible for "offers". 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Tano
RetiredModerator

Hi @PaulatHerveyBay, these plans offer different pricing structures for the recharge, which you can see here for the Optus PrePaid Mobile Broadband and here for the My Prepaid Mobile Broadband, so while the names aren't that different they cater to different users. Sorry to hear about the confusion with customer service. You can always switch to the Optus PrePaid Mobile Broadband plan to take advantage of this offer before 01/10. Reach out to us and we can get that sorted for you.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors