Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

24 month prepaid data sim about to expire - Options ?

I've had a data only SIM for a hotspot just as an emergency backup. It was a 2 year 50GB type of prepaid deal.

I have 41GB remaining but the prepaid expires at the end of January. I've been looking at Whistleout for ideas.

Any ideas how to keep the prepaid SIM alive so my 41GB gets transferred over at minimal cost  ? I don't really need more data just to keep it active. Paying another $10 per month doesnt seem value for money .  Any long expiry deals or very low monthly rates?

If it helps I have Optus Cable broadband, its about to be transferred to NBN. 

Or do I just go with another Mobile supplier ( I have Telstra prepaid for my main Mobile contract) 

thanks for your advice .

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: 24 month prepaid data sim about to expire - Options ?

G'day @Palmplex, happy to discuss some options with you.

As far as the remaining data is concerned, there's no way to let it "roll over."

It'll need to be used up by the expiry date. 

Your next option would be to simply change your prepaid rate plan to a current in-market plan. You can check out the offer and your recharge options here. You're looking at 50GB with a 365 expiry (as your cheapest option for a long expiry type plan). 

Sounds like you're not going to make too much use out of the service, therefore it might be worthwhile checking out some prepaid deals offered by a reseller (they're generally much cheaper). 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: 24 month prepaid data sim about to expire - Options ?

Thanks for the link , i found my old plan on it and when i log in to my account it will let me recharge the old plan.  So for $50 I get another 7GB, a roll over of my exisitng 41GB and it will last for 12 months.  So thats my benchmark to compare with resellers as you suggest.

Here is the offer for $50 from Optus on my old plan: 

Includes 7GB of data. For use in Australia within 365 days.

Roll over your unused data up to 50GB when you recharge before expiry. Any data over 50GB will be forfeited.

My Prepaid Mobile Broadband is no longer available to new customers or for plan changes. This won*t affect you whilst on the plan, however, if you choose to leave My Prepaid Mobile Broadband you won*t be able to return to the plan.

0 Kudos