Searching...

Mobile

$20 discount for bundled services

gak

I signed up for two Optus SIM's both on 12-month contracts a couple months ago and was told I would receive a $20 discount for bundling my services with my home phone/broadband/tv package. I am yet to see any discounts on my bills for these. Can you let me know how I receive this discount. I know this is unlikely but would I get the discount x2 or just one discount of $20 off my monthly bill?

Thanks

George

Re: $20 discount for bundled services

gak

Given the amount of people complaining about this on the forum I think it's pretty unethical, probably illegal for Optus to offer discounts to get people to join, then not follow through with them. Wonder what the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman would think of this.

Scott_M

Hi @gak, the $20 Mobile Bundle Discount is applied to the internet bill and only once i.e you won't get multiple discounts for multiple mobile services. The internet plan needs to be eligible for this ( The new in-market broadband bundles are not eligible for the $20 Mobile Bundle Discount for example)

You can check the CIS for your internet plan here for eligibility here→ optus.com.au/CIS  (the plan code is on your bill).

You can also contact Billing on 133937  or Via Live Chat from the My Optus App,  and if the discount is not there and you're eligible, they'll apply if for you. 

gak

Hi Scott

Why is there not a bit more transparency on eligibility when signing up?

It's still not clear to me if I'm eligible. My DSL service code is 604006 and my telephone service code is 603999 - can you tell me if I am eligible for bundle discount. According to 603999 I am, but can't even look up 604006. I have two mobile phones as well as DSL and phone all bundled into my service so surely there's a discount for this??

Gen_R

When you sign up on the site, it does say whether you're eligible. It will prompt you to put on your mobile number in. The reference numbers you've also provided are for temporary orders which haven't been input into the system as yet.

When it's been put in the system,  you'll be sent an email. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

gak

I can categorically say that the website did not tell me whether I was or wasn't eligible when I signed up.

I signed up four months ago so doubt very much my order is temporary.

All I want to know is whether I'll be getting the $20 discount (including what is owed for prior months) and when I would see it on my bill. Can anyone from Optus help me?

Gen_R

I can take a look at this for you, George. Please shoot me a PM with your account number, full name and DOB via this link → http://yesopt.us/pmgen. More than happy to finally sort this out for you. Gen 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Kokanee

Like many others, I was promised a $20 bundle discount in May when I was forced into a more expensive mobile phone plan as my existing plan was being discontinued.  Daughter wanted data sharing, husband wanted better NBN, but I hardly used my phone.  Only with the discount was I prepared to continue with Optus.  However, I've never recieved the discount.  In fact, the $10 discount that we used to get has vanished too!

I tried online chats:  useless.  Finally I took my paperwork in to local shop and was directed to their phone with direct dial to the correct department.  "Sai" looked at my account, confirmed that I was indeed promised the discount (although it shouldn't have been promised as our services didn't qualify); Sai said she'd correct it in my favour since we had a verbal agreement.

Three months later and still no discount showing on my bills.

Absolutely disgusted.  

Highlighted

AlexRH

Hi @Kokanee, I've replied to your PM. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
78 Kudos
74 Kudos
63 Kudos
55 Kudos
50 Kudos