Searching...

Mobile

Accepted Solution

10,000 BONUS POINTS and get 30GB for $35/month with Optus offer

Cavaquinho
If I have a stand alone Optus Sports subscription does that prevent me applying for the above offer? If not, do I need to cancel the existing subscription and reapply through this offer or will it recognise me anyway?

Re: 10,000 BONUS POINTS and get 30GB for $35/month with Optus offer

petergdownload

Given the whole point of Optus providing Optus sport is to try get people to buy Optus services is say there's no problem dropping the standalone payments and getting the plan. I'd probably do it via live chat and get your new account set up before cancelling the existing one but they'll know best. It may also be an online only offer though?

Peter Gillespie

Cavaquinho
Thanks.  I think it is an online only offer. I tried the chat line and was given the flick by the bloke.  He didn't want to know.

[ Edited ]
petergdownload

This is a targetted offer (i.e. you only get it if Optus gives it to you specially)

Flybuys bonus points: Offers available to current flybuys members who reside in Australia, receive an email with this offer, and sign up to a new eligible Optus Service. 

FWIW doing things for points generally costs you much more money in the long run (that's why companies offer points). The same deal (minus points) is available from Optus directly and IMO $35 for 30gb + Sports etc. is pretty good. You miss the the flybuy bonus is worth $50. 

Peter Gillespie

Solution

[ Edited ]
10000000000GB

Chat is considered to be "online". The people who arent online are the stores, who are often not owned by Optus. Optus doesn't want to give them any trailing commission.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
133 Kudos
117 Kudos
81 Kudos
78 Kudos
46 Kudos