Searching...

Mobile

Accepted Solution

1 week for activation and still waiting...terrible communication!!

Gos

I received a new sim from Optus 3/1/18 and activation was to occur within 48 hrs. My number was ported from Virgin on Monday 8/1 and I lost connection with Virgin same day. I have spoken to countless "agents" since; Liam, Chris, Bianca, Alaric_Z, Gigi, Tem, Red, Chris, Elvie, Mara, David, Troy, Arwin to name a few through chat and on the phone spending literally hours each time. The responses varied from "Waiting on porting" (wrong), "An internal IT issue" (probably) to "Your number is stuck in our system" (???). Each agent would press the magic button and tell me that activation would occur within 15min to 4hrs. That was over a week ago and yet still no activation...although I did receive a bill yesterday! How on earth can I find someone within Optus without spending 90min in chat or 2 hrs on the phone (mostly on hold) who can actually give me a straight answer as to what is going on and take a little ownership of my problem rather than placating me and passing it on to the next CSO? Meanwhile I have spent a week with everyone who calls me being told my number is disconnected! The frustration level is now extreme. Any ideas?????? A complaint is being put together for the TIO but at the moment I just need a result from Optus.

Re: 1 week for activation and still waiting...terrible communication!!

Gos

Update: 11/1/18 Spoke with a "Supervisor" by the name of Arwin (Optus ID CP323343), another hour long call, who advised my ported number is still stuck with IT. He restarted the IT process and advised it would be sorted out by today (12/1/18) and that he would call me at 8am (gave him another number to call on) to confirm my activation. Guess what?? still no activation and surprise, surprise no follow up phone call! 

Called back again...spoke with Jyoti from porting who advised that it is still with IT and would take a further 3-5 business days to resolve!! I asked to speak to a supervisor and after a further 10 min on hold was disconnected. So this will be two weeks that I am without my phone number which btw is also my work number!

Seriously Optus, I understand that stuff happens in the IT world and that you are busy right now but I have been an Optus Broadband customer for about 10 years and thought it right to move my mobile service to you after my last contract ended. Turns out company loyalty means absolutely nothing to you. Should have stayed with Virgin!

Any suggestions on how to find someone within the organisation that can help?

Gos

Update: Got really excited today - I had 2 private messages. Thinking it was Optus contacting me personally to sort out my dilema I did a littel cartwheel!. How sad to open them only to find out I had simply won two "Badges" for making posts Smiley Sad Sigh!!!

Highlighted

Gos

Update: Called into an Optus store after work yesterday 12/1/18 (can't keep spending an hour on hold on work time) and asked for advice. The attendant was incredibly friendly and helpful (call centre operators could learn from him) and got me connected to "After Sales Support" where I spoke to Yves (call log #15231712). He was pleasant and explained that my ported number was in fact "Stuck in the system" and a case had been raised to resolve this. This case apparently has to go through every department for checks and balances before an outcome can be achieved. At least I know what the hold up is. 

He then gave me a 100% guarantee that I would have activation by midnight 12/1/18. Woohoo!! 

Woke up this morning and restarted my phone.............no connection Smiley Sad

Obviously I am just going to get the same responce every time I make contact with the same guarantees...What was it Einstein said about the definition of STUPIDITY - doing the same thing over and over whilst expecting a different result!

What can I possibly do?? Advice please? Obviously Optus have no intention of doing anything differently.

Question for the brains trust - With my number "Stuck" in their system, could I get it ported back to Virgin?

Evil_Empire

I posted a message in my thread, but some more updates:

This morning I was given an IT case number ("the activation got stuck on the system so I will have to raise an IT case for this") and told it will be resolved in 2-3 days.

Optus raising an "IT case" for you didnt resolve the matter? That makes me worried.

I filled in an online complaint (yes, if you scroll down you can actually mark it as a 'complaint'):

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/enquiries

In the past this has prompted a call from someone who seemed competent.

I'll also try contact my ex-company's Optus corporate account manager (given I was transferring off their corporate account when I finished working there). Tell them that I'm going to discuss with the COO at my former company that the change of ownership and activation hasn't been done. In my case, this is probably my best chance of escalation, and hopefully corporate side people will take care of me (not the retail support).

Gos

Update: Strangely received another new SIM from Optus?? Didn;t know it was coming but hey, maybe this is Optus' way of resolving my issue? Popped the sim into my phone and went to activate online...typed in the order number and Sim number etc...and ....."Computer says Noooooo".

The numbers didn't match, were not valid or whatever. Basically it would not go through online.

Ho humm

Evil_Empire

how about calling activations (or online chat) ?

i wonder if new SIM card is a fix. Like just start over again, create a new account. Why do they make us spend weeks on broken accounts? It seems something goes wrong with the porting process. 

Toomey

Hey @Gos, sorry to hear you're having issues with your activation. Unfortunately problems can arise when porting, but getting assistance certainly shouldn't be this difficult. If you shoot me a private message with your phone number, full name, DOB and SIM number, I'll check the notes on your account and see what's being done to resolve this.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Gos

Toomey

PM sent. Thanks for your assistance...would love a positive outcome.

Gos

Update: 16/1/18. Still no activation.

Had advice from a moderator yesterday that "My order had to be re-submitted but now one of the work orders is stuck. This has been escalated to the systems team to complete (ref 1801110709)"

Also spoke to sales support yesterday, Scott, ID 1045292 (only a 40 min call which is a record) who advised something similar and that activation would occur today. He said he would call me at 10am today to confirm the status of my order. Let's see if he is true to his word???

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
132 Kudos
128 Kudos
98 Kudos
87 Kudos
56 Kudos