Searching...

Mobile

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 edge

acr1973

I Love it. 

Its slick in design, easy to hold and utilise. 

I couldn't go past it, it's Samsung for as I've converted from apple. 

Clear to have great conversation, internet is perfect and clear as crystal. The functions are easy to use, wifi is out of this world, I think it's the best wifi in the world. This phone is out of this world. 

Optus plans are affordable with benefits, I could go on n on but Optus and Samsung 7 have got it right. 

Perfect for the budget concense, students, elderly it's an all rounder that can't be missed. 

Do your self a favour and get to Optus and get your self a great cheap phone thAt I guarantee you will love for many years to come 

PhilC

It's great to hear you're such a fan of the new phone, @acr1973! If you ever need a hand with your services don't hesitate to get in touch with us Smiley Happy - Phil

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

rik0747

The handset layout is just perfect because of the curve in the both edges and also from the back making easier to hold by one hand. The colours chosen for the set is really great. Both the cameras are great. The sensor at the back for different use like checking heartbeat, etc. is almost accurate as last year. The new technologies that are Always on Display and waterproof makes it the best smartphone  of the Samsung company.

Highlighted

mollicharles

One of the best devices to have in your hand till date.

I will start off with the screen, S7 edge has one of the best display technologies in all respects, colour gamut, curved edges, colour saturation, brightness and sun light visibility. Screen is one thing which will constantly remind you about the good decision you made by purchasing this device.

The second best thing about this mobile is the camera. No matter which competition you choose in the same price range, you cannot beat the low light photography of S7 edge because of the large aperture size (1.7). Not to mention that S7 edge has one of the fastest auto focus system in the world till date.

The other best thing you will notice is the build quality and amazing design of the device. It has glass back and front which seamlessly merge with curves at the sides, sandwiching the thin metal frame. The mobile feels amazing in your hand, just one thing which will probably bother you is that you cannot easily operate it with one hand, because of the curved edges of the screen.

Last but not the least thing to mention is the phenomenal battery life. It comes with a huge battery which lasts more than a day in heavy usage. You will probably notice the awesomeness of the battery life when you are travelling, using GPS, maps and taking lots and lots of pictures.

Now come to the other side of the picture, the only thing I do not like about the device is the fear to break the thing with accidental drops. Because both of the sides are made up of glass so it makes the devise kind of prone to accidental damage. So make sure you got the accidental damage covered while purchasing or use it with the protective cover. 

The other thing Samsung needs to improve is the rollout time of Android updates, but this problem is not unique to Samsung so you can ignore it. 

I hope that you will find my review helpful and I wish you will recall this review when S7 edge gives you the high buzz of awesomeness.

Shae

Hey mollicharles, thanks for the review - it's on point in my experience with the phone. I hadn't had the Edge series before and I have to admit, it takes a while to get used to positioning it correctly in your hands to stop your fingers scrolling the screen randomly. Outside of that though, I really love being able to see my phone when the sun is shining! It's a massive improvement on other phones I've had and will be looking for an upgraded version once they're out. 

mollicharles

Yes you are absolutely right, along with the great screen the camera is also wonderful. Especially with the double press quick launch camera feature, you usually do not miss to capture the moment. But using it without cover gives me nightmares, how are you using it?

Toomey

The double press camera feature is super handy. I had to force myself to use the Edge quick launch menu, feels very natural now but for weeks I kept going to the wrong place to launch apps.

I have no case on mine and have smashed it twice unfortunately (don't drink and skate). Samsung fixed it in store within a couple hours though.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Danzemon

Ouch Damn Toomey. I too dropped mine like 6 times without a case. Glass got smashed once and got it fixed for $339 as I had to get a new LCD module as well Smiley Sad

However Samsung is so perfect they let me send it off to them and sent it back to me for no shipping charges. This is why I love to invest heavily in Samsung.

Love their support message "Press 7 for all stubborn enquiries" now that's gold Smiley Happy  

mollicharles

hahah OMG, smashed twice, that's unfortunate. Yes, same here, I alwasy forget to use the edge panel :-) 

Toomey

Samsung have helped me out so many times, I've lost count. Ever since they refunded my out of warranty, plasma TV back in 2008, I've never looked back. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
1 Kudo
1 Kudo