Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Review - Ask Bubba!

[ Edited ]
Andy

note5.png

We recently gave our awesome My Optus Community Super User @Bubba the new Samsung Galaxy Note 5 to road test and review.  He's spent the last week using the phone and will be posting his handset review in this thread next week and will also answer any questions you have.  Let's get the ball rolling now with some questions so that they're ready and waiting for Bubba to answer!

Bubba's review is up! Check it out here and ask any questions you have!

*The views expressed by Bubba & others in this thread are their own and not necessarily the views of Optus

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Review - Ask Bubba!

Andy

Hey @Bubba What type of phone were you using previously and what are the main differences with the Note 5?

@MiCCAS @caaf @SamSam  @Yeldarb @ProblemSolver Have you got any questions for bubs?

Nibbles

Do u find the stylus useful or is it more of a gimmick?

Yeldarb

I think Nibbles question above was an excellent one. Personally I would like to know what the sound levels and quality is like on playback and how well does the speaker phone work. Thinking outside the box I would want to know how much that massive screen is going to cost me if and when I break it. Smiley Very Happy

[ Edited ]
ProblemSolver

The S Pen is great, if one likes to note things down quickly like a pen and paper rather that type it. One can send the snippets directly to their contacts within seconds which is much faster than typing. The S Pen is probably the differentiator among all the smart phones available in the market today. It is very smooth and seamless, you have to use it to experience it.

PS

Yeldarb

Well I think the opposite. It can’t be a very smart phone if I have to carry a pen with it and I do wonder how long it will last before it goes missing in action. Smiley LOL

ProblemSolver

The pen is optional to use but very handy. Obviously one needs to be careful not to misplace it... same is the case with the phone itself or one's kid lol.

PS

caaf

Did you use and abuse? 

Did you find the battery life SUPER?

What about charge time? Fairly quick or does it seems to drag on?

How has the phone handled a bit of abuse? Any dings, scratches or broken thingies?

Did you use it for tethering or test speeds on the new Optus 4G+ Network?

How do you find the size?

Is the pen convenient or more a pain? Would it mainly be used as a multimedia device (editing pics, documents ect ect)

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. Smiley Wink
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

MiCCAS

Can't wait to read the review!

I'm curious to know how you found the larger size screen - particuarly if you moved from a standard non-phablet size. Is it clumsy to use, or is it easy?

With the pen, what are some of the way it's come in handy that were unexpected? When did you think the pen would be useful, but where it's actually not.

How's the battery life?

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Yeldarb

He probably went overseas to try out the global roaming features. Smiley LOL

Edit: Good grief, only 11 words and I still had to correct my spelling.

Post a Reply