Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Nexus 6P

nexus6p reviews.png

Post a short review for the Nexus 6P to share your experiences with the crowd.

To shop all the latest phones you can check them out here.

post a review.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
New Contributor footy
New Contributor

Re: Submit a Mobile Review for the chance to win a $50 gift card!

I have an Optus Nexus 6P and I can say it's probably the best phone I've ever owned.

(a) Excellent screen.

(b) superb camera.

(c) Very quick charging.

(d) And most of all a top deal from Optus.

I could go on but I will say this much........if you are looking for an excellent phone at a good price and that's a proven performer you shouldn't go past this one.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Contributor boxa72
Contributor

The Nexus 6P is easily the best phone I've ever owned and not just because I'm a software dev who likes the root and play with kernels and stuff, this is the first phone I've had where I didn't fell like it was necessary to update to the latest and greatest. If you want a great screen, with unbelievably loud front facing speakers and access to the latest software from Google then the Nexus 6P is the phone for you!

LG G4 with Android 5.1.1
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Mooch
Occasional Contributor

Re: Nexus 6P

I've been runnning with the Nexus 6P for about 4 months now. I've had several Nexus devices in the past but had held off jumping on the 6P largely because it didn't do wireless charging, which I thought was a big oversight. I'm glad I did finally take the plunge though; and the lack of wireless charging has become a non-issue to be honest, due to the excellent battery life.

Everything about the 6P is just right. From the size and shape - not too big, not too small - to the placement of the fingerprint sensor, which is in the exact spot your index finger naturally sits as you pick the thing up. Software is the latest Google has to offer - and if you sign up for the beta you can get ahead of everyone else using the cutting edge of Android.

I found performane to be excellent. It responds when you need it to and I can't say that I've noticed any lag or slowness with it. Battery life, as I mentioned earlier, is superb. For every smartphone I've ever owned, I've made sure to keep charging cables at home upstairs and downstairs, in the car, in the office, in my bag and virtually anywhere where I might need to give the battery a little top-up to keep it going. I still have cables everywhere but I just find them basically redundant now. The 6P gives me about 30hrs at worst, and 50+ with light usage. It's great to be able to charge the phone on a morning and not have to worry about being near a charger for the rest of the day. My typical daily usage would include a couple of hours of music streaming, 90+ minutes of calls plus some SMS, Facebook and the usual stuff.

If I can spare myself one gripe, it is with Bluetooth. When driving, I'm always streaming music, podcasts or internet radio. But the one thing the 6P does, is it jitters the stream. I'm listening to some Flo Rida and then the music breaks up and I can't tell if it is a new remix or something going wrong! Phone calls over bluetooth don't share the issue, just when streaming. Some journeys it happens a couple of times for a couple of seconds at a time, and some journeys it is so bad I turn it off.

But on the whole, I'm totally happy with the 6P. And now with the death of the Nexus name (Google has essentially replaced it with the Pixel but the Pixel doesn't share the same open, tinker-friendly ethos that the Nexus was so successful with), I think I'll be keeping this phone for some considerable time to come.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor Mongoose69
Occasional Contributor

Re: Nexus 6P

I've been using the Huawei Nexus 6P for a couple of months now, and I find it to be a very good phone. Top of the line until Google released the Pixel, and still compares very well. All it lacks is the stock apps you get with an LG, Samsung etc such as a gallery app, file manager etc although there are plenty of them free in the Play Store.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Mongoose69
Occasional Contributor

If you approve of it so highly, why post a review of it from an LG G5?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos