Searching...

Mobile

Microsoft Lumia 950 and 950 XL

[ Edited ]
Optus

lumia950 reviews.png

Post a short review for the Microsoft Lumia 950 & 950 XL to share your experiences with the crowd.

To shop all the latest phones you can check them out here.

post a review.png

Re: Microsoft Lumia 950 and 950 XL

Yeldarb

Outstanding camera, easy to use interface and one very large screen makes for an excellent device. How’s that for short review? Smiley LOL

normsnowden

I have had a mobile telephone, with Optus since 1996, starting with Nokia phones. A few years ago I changed to an Apple 4S. Then earlier this year, after upgrading my PC to Microsoft 10, I also upgraded my mobile to a Microsoft Lumia 950XL. Before I did upgrade to the Microsoft mobile, I did read as many reviews as possible and mostly they were very favourable. Since having the Microsoft Lumia 950XL, I have to say that I am extremely happy with it. The overall quality and workings of the phone is exceptional. The camera is brilliant, the use as a phone is top notch, but the thing that really seals it, is the fact that I don't need apps, I access a full website and it is just like using my PC. I would more than recommend the Microsoft 950XL to anyone.

nbw

950xl outstanding overall performance. Initial build was a bit buggy and battery performance low, but with a couple of firmware updates I would recommend to anyone.

Highlighted

Guy

We're glad you like the Lumia 950! I have one too and love the camera especially! Windows 10 Mobile keeps getting better and better! Any teething problems with the OS and hardware are long gone! Thanks for the great feedback Smiley Happy

Jordan77

Say what you will about the Microsoft Store, but there is no doubt that the 950XL hardware is second to none.

The camera:

Crisp and clear images even in low light. The inclusion of the HDR function adds the icing to the cake, but the plethora of settings, the dedicated camera button and the responsive capture is a joy to use.

The display:

Large, bright and high resolution. Haven't seen a better display.

The Apps:

Most would criticise a lack of apps, but I've never felt wanting on this front. Perhaps I'm not the core app market, but I've found all I've needed. And application performance is as responsive as one could expect.

Continuum:

Honestly, It's a technical marvel and highly functional, but for me is only a gimmick.

Niko99

Pro: Microsoft Lumia 950Xl is quite good for business people especially can connected with Microsoft software like words, powerpoint, excel for office users and business presentation.

Downside : The dowload emails or sending picture via facebook are quite slow compared with Apple iphone series. 

Fr3d

I remember the first day I got my 950XL. I had just a week earlier given up on Windows Phone and traded my 930 for an iPhone 6. However after 1 week with the iPhone, I couldn't take it. iOS may have the ecosystem, but lags significantly in usability to Windows Phone.

I managed to trade to the 950XL was was actually very surprised ho much of an upgrade it was to the 930. And since then, the 950XL has been a good phone. Regular OS and app updates have ironed out most of the kinks, just in time for any app developers that were left on the platform to pull their support.

So, if you want a phone that has an amazing amera and usability, but you don't needs apps, this is the phone for you. As the screen is such a high resolution, you can view the full desktop version of websites (instead of mobile versions) so most things I need an app for I can get around.

I will soon be moving to the HP Windows Phone. I hope it too gives the same excitement when i first use it.

Cheers

jjw

Unfortunately I cannot rave about the phone like all other comments on this thread. I have had the 950XL since May 2016. I "upgraded" from the 930 - which was a brilliant phone, and I was hoping that the 950XL would be an improvement - wow I was wrong.

The phone itself was a little buggy and glitchy to start with but the updates soon sorted that out... and then, out of nowhere the front camera stopped working - error 0xa00f4271(0xc00d3704) to be precise. 

Having read several articles regarding this error it is clear that no there is a major fault within the phones, and unfortunaltey microsoft do not seem committed to either sorting out this problem, or in providing general support for the lumia brand. I suggest prior to taking out this phone, and a contract you read the reviews on the window help forum regarding this phone and the level of support you can expect if "when" something goes wrong... as it will happen...and then you are stuck in the repair... receive...repair merry-go-round that I am now staring down.

Can I recommend this phone  - No... 

Can I recommend optus... will wait and see, 

In the meantime I am referring the issue to the ACCC (dept of commerce as I am in WA). 

[ Edited ]
Jeffrey190

Thanks for a great review like always. I always follow your site for great reviews... (moderated link as unrelated to discussion))

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
1 Kudo
1 Kudo