cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

LG G5

lgg5 reviews.png

Post a short review for the LG G5 to share your experiences with the crowd.

To shop all the latest phones you can check them out here.

post a review.png

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Occasional Contributor johnms1986
Occasional Contributor

Re: LG G5

Due to the bootloop issues I had with the LG G4 i was hesitant to go back to LG. I tried the Samsung S7 and the HTC 10 but the feel of the UI within those 2 phones just didnt give me the same ease of use as the LG phones.

The volume buttons on the back of the phone in past LG's have now been removed from the G5 and placed on the side. Thought this might be annoying to take photos with as i became used to press the back buttons to take a shot. But the side buttons to take the shot work just as well. As far as the camera goes, it is yet another improvement on the past phones, with the added feature of a "wide lens" that lets you take shots similar to how a gopro takes them.

The screen size is great. The phone works seamlessly with no lag due to its large processor. The quickcharge function is great for heavy users of the phone, and the removeable battery is another great option if you want to keep a spare.

Love the phone. Just hope the hardware issue that plagued the G4 doesnt creep its way into the G5's design.

New Contributor Seekereleven
New Contributor

I had to choose a new phone after the Samsung Note 7 recall/debacle. Well I didn't want another Samsung after returning 2 handsets so I had decided to go with a HTC 10. However when I went to the Knox Optus store the customer service person talked to me about the benefits of the LG G5 over the HTC. He sold me on the LG G5 and I'm so glad he did. The reception quality is exceptional and one of the most important things to me music works really well and the speakers are fantastic 

Tags (1)
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

@Seekereleven yay! That's awesome to hear Smiley Happy I'm glad that you're stoked with your new handset. We're here if you need a hand with anything! 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor ABK017
New Contributor

I am disappointed in my LG G5, hard to get cases,  glass screen protectors etc ...would have thought you wouldnt have any problems getting them ....OPTUS tech in store sold me on the phone telling me how great it is, cant wait till I can change to either IPhone or Samsung....

Moderator Aman_B

Hi @ABK017, this is one of the popular handsets and to be very honest with you I'm also surprised with this. Have you checked or tried other resources online to look for the case?  

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor CliveD
Occasional Contributor

Hi

Besides the case, what are the other issues you encountered? I currently have a Samsung S4 and was thinking of upgrading to this phone.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor johnms1986
Occasional Contributor

Hey mate. I havent had any problems with the case. I did have some issues with the GPS not locking on or dropping out often. I fixed this, but it required for me to open the phone. 

There is a thread on reddit explaining how to do it. Its easy enough, but you may not want to open your phone.

Other than that i love the phone. No talk of any bootloop issues so hoping this will get me through until i update to the LG G6 price drop in a years time

Occasional Contributor CliveD
Occasional Contributor

Thanks. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Top Contributors