cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor RajT
New Contributor

apple tv gen 3

I am trying to use my apple TV gen 3 to watch EPL channel. I can view and get audio from my Mac Air laptop using my browser - when when I mirror my screen using airplay - the website appears with audio on both my laptop browser and apple tv screen but video disappears. Has anyone else solved this problem ? I have seen others here with the same problem.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Crowd Champion caaf
Crowd Champion

Re: apple tv gen 3

As far as I know Optus was meant to allow AirPlay/Mirroring but there's an issue.. Sadly I've not gone down the path in trying to find out what it is but I believe it's in the process of being looked at.

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey RajT - definitely doesn't sound like a great viewing experience 😕 Has this been raised with our TV and content team on 1800230158?

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

We do have fetch both Mighty and Mini unfortunately there is no EPL APP on it to watch we have subscribed to the $80 bundle before 25 July 2016

0 Kudos
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

johnnyred - please keep responses contained to one thread to avoid confusion. Aman has responded to your post here.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Excellent it was of some great concern because time is getting short our Fetch TV is or has not been configurated by Optus will the app appear when the modem is fixed up with the NBN ?

0 Kudos
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

If you'd like to continue chatting about your service please keep communication here

Thanks.

0 Kudos
New Contributor RajT
New Contributor

Hi, yes I did call and asked for help with a resolution. The call center rep  noted they could not help because its a 'apple related issue'. But clearly this is not the case. I can mirror any other TV stream from my laptop to my apple TV gen 3 no issues. It just when you mirror the Optus TV steam - the steam goes blank on both my laptop and TV screen - but the sound is streamed. It looks to me like a bug on the website - perhaps its doing soem sort of authentican and preventing more than 1 screen from having the images...  I asked the call center rep to have tech support replicate the error and solve ... looking at this forum - I am not the only one having the same issue - bu they do not seem to have followed up. Its really annoyig me - it just feels that we are being held to randsom by Optus - they are forcing us to switch mobile provider in order to access the EPL - but they have no real concern for customer experinace. 

RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Thanks for the info @RajT. Can you verify which number you called? I'm sorry that they weren't very helpful, it sounds like you have got the wrong team. If you dial 1800230158 Option 1, it should go through to a specific team which can help you.

Also are you mirroring your web browser when trying to AirPlay? Can you please try playing the video on your browser without mirroring and then select the "AirPlay" button that should appear on the video player?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor RajT
New Contributor

Hi there - thanks, called that number and they were indeed very helpful. Tney investigated and replicated the problem - there is an issue with using Safari and Apple TV gen 3. They suggested a work around - i.e download Firefox or Chrome - and it should work. I tried FireFox - and it worked. Thanks very much.