cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor frank16
New Contributor

Optus Sport

Which login details to be used to sing in? Is it the same as my optus account? And how do you register?

I tried to register and it asked me to check eligibility so I did, but I am not eligible. However, I am eligible for EPL subscription. I just singed up one of your mobile plan offers, called "one big switch" (12M sim only plan, $40/mth) few days ago, and according to your website, if you signup before 31 July, you are eligible.

0 Kudos
22 Replies
Contributor BenF
Contributor

Re: Optus Sport

Hi @frank16 

Which login details to be used to sign in?

You need an EPL username & password

Is it the same as my optus account?

It is a separate login to My Account 😞

And how do you register?

https://manage.sport.optus.com.au/signup/index.html

The $40/month SIM only plan is definitely elligible. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor frank16
New Contributor

Screen Shot 2016-07-04 at 00.19.45.png

After I put in my details, it says I'm not eligible.

0 Kudos
Moderator Tris

Hiya, you should be eligable going off the plan you've mentioned, would just be a prob with the checker in your case. Could you send me a PM with your full name, number and DOB thanks? I'll order EPL so you can register a profile 🙂

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Occasional Contributor MickeyLou
Occasional Contributor

@Tris sorry to mention this again, since its a new thread and for others like myself, but will there be a universal app for the Xbox, PC and Microsoft Mobile devices before the EPL starts? And to fix/repair the Microsoft Edge browser to work as well on both Xbox and Mobile devices?

0 Kudos
Contributor MarkScarfe1972
Contributor

Ihave a $80 mobile plan and a $90 NBN package. Im using the EPL. Ive been using the mobile app and the data is supposed to be unmetered. I went into the mobile settings of my phone and it says Ive use 250mb. The phone support is crap to try and get an answer. I need help with this ASAP. 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Nghi
RetiredModerator

Hey MickeyLou, you can find a list of the current supported devics and web browers here. We can pass aong your feedback about a universal App for Microsoft devices however probably won't be ready for EPL launch.

For MarkScarfe1972, which phones settings are you referring to? Is this your internal mobile settings? In that case, your phone will record how much data each App is using as it doesn't know what plan you're on and what is free. If you're talking about our My Optus App "Insights" feature then it will show all data used by your SIM. Regardless if it is metered or not. At the end of the month our Billing system will compare your usage and plan inclusions and zero out what's free.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Im using an iPhone 6. The settings are mobile/use mobile data for/Optus Sport.

I understand it wont know whats unmetered, but if I didnt check, I like most others, would have assumed all EPL content would be data free. Ads, analytics and authentication do attract data. I didnt think that analytics meant news and magazine show. I thought it was something technical to do with the data. Im sure Im not alone.

RetiredModerator Hollie
RetiredModerator

Hey @MarkScarfe1972 - definitely not something we're trying to hide as it is something that is on our Optus Sports information page too, you can check this info and more here.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Contributor

The point is that "analytics" to me does sounds like a term you would use when describing content. Authication and analytics sounds more technical than content related. 

0 Kudos