Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus Sport subscriptio cancellation

I've just cancelled my subscription, the return email tells me the cancellations is effective 10 June 2020 ...!! Can you explain?

(cancelled via Android Play)

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Optus Sport subscriptio cancellation

Did you possibly start the subscription in 10 June 2019? Are you paying extra each month?

The standard deal though is:

"Should you wish to cancel your Premium Optus Sport subscription, you will only be charged until the end of your monthly billing cycle (if it's not already included in your plan)."

You can keep viewing until the end of the month after cancelling.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

NO. I cancelled and I'm still being charged. It's a monthly subscription so it should've just stopped. It's MORE ANNOYING that since then you've announced that you're waiving the fees AND I'M BEING CHARGED ANYWAY. And it's even more annoying that there's no way of contacting anyone to sort this out

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

I'm not Optus btw just a fellow customer.

You do still need to cancel month to month plans for them to stop. I don't believe Optus have announced not charging for Optus sports, just that late fees ($15) won't be applied to a bill that is not paid on time at them moment.

At the moment are you being charged since you cancelled? Has the next bill arrived after that? If there is an issue then you should only need to contact Optus and confirm the cancellation and have any billed amount removed. That will take some time though at the moment.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yep I realise you aren't Optus, that's the main source of my frustration, that Optus are firewalling themselves against service issues with this forum. Optus sport are waiving their fees until May 31.

And is really a common issue round here that people don't realise that they have to cancel a subscription to cancel it??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Didn't realise that. Then I would expect that your June 10 date is because Optus sport is effectively free for you until then (your next billing date).

Yes there is sometimes confusion on contracts ending, but IMO it usually a good thing as otherwise people would find the mobile phones go dead because they forgot the time is up. Optus contracts simply roll into month to month versions that can be cancelled anytime. Seems reasonable?

And yes the forum is now unable to help with billing issues. You should just need to contact Optus directly and it will be sorted. Good Luck
0 Kudos