Searching...
Accepted Solution

FIFA World cup 2018

KL2018

What happened to all the videos from the FIFA World cup 2018 in Russia? I can't find them on the Optus Sport neither can I find the SBS-Optus app that was available during the world cup months of June/July. Are they all gone forever?

Solution

Re: FIFA World cup 2018

Brock_E

Thanks for getting in touch, @KL2018 Smiley Happy

To answer your question, the broadcast rights for the 2018 FIFA World Cup prevents any use of the game day footage (including highlights, etc) beyond 30 days after the FIFA World Cup Final.

Because that time has since lapsed, the footage has been removed.

Solution

[ Edited ]
Davelew

Hi

I would think they have gone forever as with all the on-demand premiership games only being available for a week or so. There must be a limit to how many games can be kept on the servers and who would want to watch games from months ago.

If you are looking for a particular match try YouTube. Some of the matches are available.

Edit: thanks @Brock_E but still can't see why people would want to watch month old matches.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

KL2018

Thanks for the quick response guys. Have acknowledged both responses as I received them at the same time.

KL2018

Yes I can see what you mean I was after the highlights, goals etc. rather than the entire matches. Just a bit of nostalgia I guess and wanted to relive some of the spectacular goals that were scored during the tournament. No worries will check them out on YouTube. Cheers everyone.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
2 Kudos
2 Kudos
1 Kudo
1 Kudo