Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Device limit exceeded - Optus Sport

I just upgraded my mobile plan and had previously used the Optus app on my old iPhone and now can't access it on m new iPhone 7 because it thinks I've exceeded my limit. I've used it on my Apple TV to watch on my tv and have it registered on my mobile and iPad. Want this fixed but can't check registered devices for my account.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Device limit exceeded - Optus Sport

Thanks for reaching out to us ben17clarke,

Definitely can help you out in this instance. Are you able to PM us your EPL username, mobile number and DOB and we'll get right on it ?

Thanks again,

Nam

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi I am having the exact same problem as the above user with my iPhone showing device limit exceeded error when I try and use the Optus sport app.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Heya @angman4 - so essentially you can only have 4 devices linked to your EPL username at once and only one device other than FetchTV streaming at the same time. 

If you were just trying to watch on the IPhone and were getting this message it probably means you need to delete one of the devices from your EPL Account. You can do this by logging onto https://sport.optus.com.au/ then logging in in the top right hand corner, once logged in - go to settings > devices, please note you can only make one change every 30 days. 

If this doesn't work due to exceeded log ins please PM me through your full name, DOB, the service your subscription is linked to and your EPL username and I'll get this sorted from my side.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Same issue... new phone but have changed a different device in the past 30 days

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey War - unfortunately you can only update the device list every 30 days. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. Gen

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks Gen I can read and understand the 30 day rule.

What I couldn't predict needing to have my phone replaced hence the predicament.

I know the Optus football app and service overall has been pretty appalling yet somehow I still find myself wanting to use the product I have purchased.

hopefully you will be able to start to address my disengagement as a customer and resolve this situation in a customer service orientated approach. A novel idea for Optus I know but give it a crack 🙂

New Contributor
New Contributor

I can no longer watch Optus sport on my new iPhone 7 plus which I used to do, this happened after I had the phone reset due to some problem. Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey Olowobaba. If you log on to the account section of the Optus Sport Site here you can manage the devices that are listed. You can watch the Premier League on a maximum of four linked devices per account. You can make one change to your linked devices every 30 days.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi.

Im having the same problem, my account. I've recently had the phone replaced by optus due to performance issue. And it just recently had a factory reset performed on the new replacement phone and now i have exceeded my device limit. Can you please help me fix this problem?

0 Kudos