cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor helpasap
New Contributor

Cancelling my Optus Sport subscription

Hi, I need help with cancelling my optus sport subscription. The https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/custom/page/page-id/EPL-Support/Answer?id=7041&typename=BROWSE&keyw... page is not clear! I did not sign up using the app nor an eligible plan. I signed up on the Optus Sport website but their account page doesn;t have cancelation details either.

I HAVENT EVEN USED OPTUS SPORT SINCE THE WORLD CUP BUT I CANT CANCEL IT BECAUSE IT'S NOT CLEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cancelling my Optus Sport subscription

Do you have access to the Optus account portal? If you don't you may have to speak with support to get that cancelled and you can use the live chat link below to do that if you wish.

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

Highlighted
Moderator Kartika

Hi @helpasap, thanks for reaching out to us and sorry about the confusion in regards to Optus Sport cancellation. If you did not subscribe either through your Optus account or the app that means your subscription is not premium anymore. When you subscribed during the World cup directly through the website that would have been a free trail period which finished on 31 August 2018. This can be confirmed by the padlocks on the video when you login as the subscription is changed to basic now for which you are not charged. 

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor helpasap
New Contributor

Thanks, for your response. There were no padlocks on the games and money was being deducted monthly. I've used livechat and got someone to cancel for me.

0 Kudos
New Contributor helpasap
New Contributor

Thanks! I accessed their livechat from your link and was able to get it cancelled. 🙂

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Cheers! Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos