Searching...
Highlighted

"Immediate password change required" infinite loop

peterlongfield

Dear all,

New customer here - so far relativley happy of my AC800s hoem wirless modem.

I have had (two + years ago) an optus prepaid sim for a month. I had forgotten about that when I went in store last month to suscribe to the home  wireless service - so they did not "hook  up" the service with my existing credentials.

Trying to do that now (I need to check my data usage online) - and I can't login. I already reseted my password, but now when I entered the new one in, it comes back to the same page with a "immediate password change required" message but nothing I can do.

I have tried a different browser / no change.

Re: "Immediate password change required" infinite loop

Jeneral__Pain

You need to get the account deleted, it will be a suspended account that is inactive.

Contact Live Chat and they can action the request for you.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

CAnneP

Hi - did you end up with a resolution to this?  I have the same problem.

peterlongfield

HI.

Sorry I hadn't monitor this thread.

Yes the phone support eventually managed to get me it. Took them 3+ weeks. Extremly frustarted to have to go through that - each call having to re-explain everything etc...Agents promising me they'd call me back and nevcer did etc....

If you are still working on that, my suggestion:

On the chat or phone, ask them for a password reset. This way you receive a "generic password" - which you can share with the agent. Then the agent can try it and see for themself that it is actually a bug (otherwise they always assume the customer is dumb...) and pass it over to the engineers.

Good luck.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
4 Kudos
3 Kudos
3 Kudos
2 Kudos
2 Kudos